Skip to main content

Oh What a Night

Confashion sings: I'm so excited and I just can't hide it And I know I know I know I know I know I want your office!

May I start this last London post (phew!) by stating that I now believe in love at first sight. Siiiiigh, Net-a-Porter… How do I love thee? Let me count the ways

Yours truly was invited to a private Net-a-Porter’s Denim boutique pre-launch event, which was held at their brand spanking new HQ located in Westfield shopping centre.  How can someone possibly work and save money when the mall is just a floor away.  Beats me! May the saving force be with you net-a-porterians. Anyways, the event was held to introduce their new online denim boutique, chat with style advisers for some tips, and enjoy their denim presentation of what they had to offer.  

So.. Let’s count the ways, shall we?
  • The massive office floor space with white chandeliers hanging above and ceiling to floor windows! (Hire me!) 
  • The fact that the Denim Online boutique allows you to filter 20 denim designers by silhouette, wash, fabric type, and rinse (but you already know that by now!)
  • How perfectly organized the event was thanks to the diligent Miss L and her heartwarming smile
  • The canapés (Yes please!)
  • Very friendly style advisers (Thank you Miss A)
  • I had the great privilege of meeting prominent fashion critics
  • The way models were styled and dressed to give us a tip or two on mastering chic street style effortlessly
  • Holly Rogers, Head Buyer for Net-A-Porter, admiring my necklace AND shoes! (A compliment by itself)
  • The mall was just a floor away!
  • The fact that they took the extra mile by having a dedicated team to literally try on every denim style they carry, in order to offer you the best fit and style advice. Jeanious, no?
  • Mr. N who made me feel like I'm visiting an old friend
Thank you Net-a-porter for such a memorable experience and I’ll leave you now with the photos..

I'm falling in love with these Lanvin chain strap pumps and also these suede chain-detail pumps


Alaïa can do no wrong! Look at these fierce heels!

I didn't think that Alexander Wang Alla peep-toe wedges were THAT flattering (heart!)






The uber-chic Net-a-Porter Buying Director Holli Rogers and Casual Wear Buyer Ben Matthews
I know!! HUUUGE office space!  That's where all the hard working net-a-porterians do their magic!

The boardroom, where all the brainstorming happens. 

Natalie Massenet.. You are officially one of my idols!

Comments

Anonymous said…
thats nice , shino your shoes and neckless ??
LWDLIK said…
That is wayyy cool. You so deserve it..Revel in it girl :O)
Summer said…
I'd love to work there!! looks so cool!! ;p
victoria said…
oooh I think I just died and went to heaven! what an inspiring environment it must be to work in!!!!!! x
Confashion said…
pinkmsg
My shoes were by Maison Martin Margiela and my necklace was handmade by a good friend :)

LWDLINK
Thank you sooo much for your kind words ;)

Summer & Victoria
Extremely cool! I'd be going back and forth to the "clothes room", if they have one, whenever I have a break just to "make sure" everything's in order :P
Just A Bunch said…
Allah!!! Awesome post!!! That's sooo cooooool!!!! :D
Confashion said…
Just a bunch
Thank you ;)
Just A Bunch said…
ur welcome ^^
Anonymous said…
I loved you post! WOW that is awesome and way too cool ahhhh, I bet that felt awesome too :) way 2 go blogger

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .