Skip to main content

Selfless Good Gift – Part I


People who are close to me know that when I look for gift, I’m always looking for a gift that is unique, special, and creative. And of course it helps a lot if it doesn’t blow your budget. So, I have found the perfect place to go to, the museum shop of Dar Al Athar Al Islamiyyah. It offers an assortment of gift ideas to give your friends, especially out-of-towners, at great prices.  Aaaand what’s also nice about these gifts is that all proceeds from the sale are used to support programs of Dar Al Athar Al Islamiyyah. So in a way you are supporting your community.

So, I have decided to write two posts about the things you can buy as gifts or even for yourself.  Of course the first post is dedicated to fashion jewelry. The pieces featured in the first photos (pendant, rings, and earrings) have to be my most favorite items in the shop. They’re called Nubia collection and my guess is that they are designed to resemble houses in Nuba. The whole set is priced at KD 30 and I think this collection would look ideal worn with your Ramadan Caftans.






Dar Al Athar Al Islamiyyah’s Museum Shop is located at Abdullah al-Salem School, Maidan Hawalli, Near al Sha’ab Leisure Park. To learn more about Dar Al Athar, please click here.

Comments

miss ghesquiere said…
Excellent recommendation confash! Ill be sure to check it out when I get back!
DAI said…
Thank you so much for this post!
We are truly grateful.

Note: the whole Nubia set is 30KD, not the ring only.
Confashion said…
Miss ghesquiere
Thanks Miss G. ;)

DAI
Thank you girls for everything :)
And I've just corrected the post ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .