Skip to main content

Grace Kelly : Style Icon


While I was in London, I couldn’t possibly miss the opportunity to marvel over Grace Kelly’s spectacular wardrobe.  V&A museum was (and still is) hosting an exhibition where you get to see up close and personal iconic pieces worn by Grace Kelly, the most glamorous actress in history and a Monaco royal.

The exhibition explores her impeccable dress sense and the story of her transformation from Hollywood actress to a princess of one of Europe’s oldest royal families. From film costumes and her much-publicized dresses to her fabulous TDF French haute couture gowns. I can’t believe how tiny her waist is! And yes! I actually saw the Hermès Kelly bag worn by her in 1956 when she used it to hide her pregnant belly. Beautiful beautiful pieces. I’ll leave you now with some photos of the exhibition (again photography was not allowed, so excuse the quality)





Selection of eyeglasses and sunglasses by various designers including Dior and Oliver Goldsmith which are considered Grace’s preferred designers.


This green dress with matching bolero is by Givenchy and it was worn by Grace Kelly in 1961 on an official visit with Prince Rainier to lunch at the White House with President John F. Kennedy and First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy. It's one of those pieces that you can't tell if they're old or new. Amazing.    

Comments

Danderma said…
Auuugh i am so so jealous!

When i went, it was still noon and the tickets have already been sold out :'(

i posted about it this very morning!
http://danderma.wordpress.com/2010/06/15/things-2-do-in-london-victoria-albert-museum/

Again i am jealous... now i must go back :`(
Confashion said…
Danderma
I wish you bought tickets for the next day! It was something really worth watching! But look at the bright side, you got to see the fashion room which is also something really amazing! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .