Skip to main content

London's Calling


Ahh.. London… the city of fog, fashion, food, and everything fabulous. I spent a lovely time there, the weather was perfect and the timing was just right. I LOVE YOU LONDON. So let’s share the love starting with this post.

There's a certain amount of glamour and allure surrounding any big department stores’ window displays here in London, and this one by Harvey Nichols in Knightsbridge does not disappoint and is actually one of my two favorite window displays this season. I’m in an absolute awe of Harvey Nichol’s remarkable scheme.  This is no ordinary design work, the colorful craftsmanship, the way mannequins are styled, the idea of having gigantic swirled pipes adorned with ribbons, huge multicolored sequins, and other raw material is just beyond beautiful.  I wonder how much it cost to create this kind of artwork on window displays that change every month or so..

I’m going to cut my post short here because I have a lot of things to share with you in the coming days about London as seen through the eyes of a very shopaholic fashionatic confashionista, so stay tuned and enjoy the photos.











Comments

Having huge window displays is always a good thing, doing something amazing with them is even better.
Thank you for sharing.
I posted a link on my Twitter.
Anonymous said…
This post just made me wonder... have you ever been to Tokyo? It's also one of the best places for shopping. Whenever people complement on my outfit, I am wearing something I got from Japan. It worths adding to your fashion destination ;)
Confashion said…
Store Windows on twitter
Thank YOU for speading the love :)

Anonymous
Takyo is one place I'm dying to go to! Thanks for sharing :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .