Skip to main content

Eye Spy


First I want you to scroll down and look at each photo featured in this post and notice the details on each one of them. Once you’re done, scroll back here to find out more about them.

You’re done? OK, these are brand new vintage sunglasses dating back all the way to the 1960’s which you can purchase right here in K-town.  Yup! You read that right. Stunned? I know I am! The vintage collection is a new line by EYE BOUTIQUE, an exclusive offshoot of Hassan’s Optician’s. Thanks to Sanaz, the brain behind EYE BOUTIQUE who has e-mailed me and told me more about it.

Sanaz decided to get involved in her family business, so she went through old stocks at Hassan's and was pleasantly surprised when she opened all these old and neglected boxes and found the huge Dior, CAZAL, and YSL shades in them. Luckily they were all stored in good condition. “I have done my research on the net and our vintage prices are very reasonable. Mostly in the KD60 to KD90 range for the Diors, YSL's and Valentinos. We were approached by vintage retailers abroad which offered very good prices for these pieces but we, at Hassan's Optician's and EYE BOUTIQUE, were very keen to offer the vintage collection to the Kuwaiti market since they originally belonged to Kuwait and its people”, expressed Sanaz.  “This collection is very valuable to our company as they are part of Hassan’s Optician’s heritage”.

Vintage sunglasses achieved cult status years ago and have since become legendary. Just about every uber-chic fashionista who wants to channel A-list glamor has a pair. From the big plastic framed 60’s styles to the retro-cool 50’s cat eyes frames.  So, whether you’re a vintage collector, a trend-follower, or just interested in the history of fashion eyewear, this is a collection worth seeing.














EYE BOUTIQUE is located in 360 Mall. For more information please visit company page at facebook under EYE BOUTIQUE – KUWAIT.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That last pair is so pretty..
My aunty in Australia has a massive pair of Dior sunglasses she's owned for over 30 years. I really want her to give them to me:-) haha
Vintage sunnies are amazing! x
Confashion said…
HELLOCATHERINE
Let's hope she's reading this comment now ;)
I'm in love with the first pair!

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .