Skip to main content

Laid-back Luxury


When I first got to know French brand Zadig & Voltaire years ago, I thought it was just another high-street store selling casual street wear.  But after a closer inspection, I become conscious of the fact that the material used for Z&A’s clothes and accessories were definitely not the high-street quality. Z&A uses luxurious materials like cashmere and fine cotton to give that “affordable luxury” feel to its collection, plus you will feel that the brands gives 100% attention to the detail of tailoring. Mind you, the price tag of some items are far from “affordable” and are in fact quite pricey, but some are also worth the price because you’d be investing in some really cool basics. And the good news is that now most items in-store are up to 50% off. (Yay!)

I have gone through their S/S 2010 look book and picked some of my favorite looks. You’ll notice that the colors used are muted, smoky, with a hint of green. As for the overall concept of the designs, think rock'n'roll meets bohemian meets luxury with a laid-back attitude.

Zadig & Voltaire is located in the Avenues Phase II next to ShoeBox NY. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .