Skip to main content

Selfless Good Gift - Part II


Did you manage to visit Dar Al Athar Al Islamiyyah’s museum shop? This place is a must-see. It carries items inspired from the DAI/The al-Sabah Collection and collections from around the world, as well as an extensive collection of carefully edited books with topics ranging from design to history.

Let’s see what’s what other great gift ideas you can find at the shop. As I mentioned in my previous post, all proceeds from the sale are used to support programs of Dar Al Athar Al Islamiyyah. So in a way you are supporting your community. So, why not get these lovely bookmarks with Arabic alphabets.  They make an ideal gift for the bookworm in your life, and they’re only KD 5 each.



Cute cushions case with camel zoomorphic calligraphy which states in Arabic "May God protect Kuwait. It’s a good country”. 



Fabric notebook printed with blue and white lotus, inspired from Chinese porcelain


Mini zip lock bag with Palestinian embroidery makes a great make-up bag or coins bag


Silver boxes that can be used for many things.. favors, jewelry box, bukhoor box, gift box, buttons box. Yes I do have a box at home dedicated for my collection of buttons which I have been collecting since I was 8 years old! And some were even inherited from my mom who happened to collect them from the early 60's! I have yet to find a project for this... so-called collection.


If you wish to learn more about DAI’s history, click here.  Dar Al Athar Al Islamiyyah’s Museum Shop is located at Abdullah al-Salem School, Maidan Hawalli, Near al Sha’ab Leisure Park 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .