Skip to main content

Marilyn Monroe & Harrods


This, my fellow fashionistas, is Marilyn Monroe's original dress on display at Harrods.  To celebrate the arrival of Harrod’s Five Dollar Shake greetings cards featuring sketches by Academy Award winning costume designer, William Travilla, a collection of three original dresses worn by Marilyn Monroe – including the gold lame dress from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes  – were on display in Harrods’ Gifts & Cards section. 

I was mesmerized by the architecture of the 50+ years old dress. It was made by using one complete circle of fabric and all hand pleated.  For some reason, I was under the impression that Marilyn was tall but actually when I looked at the dress on the mannequin I think she was quite petite. 

As for the window displays of Harrods, I wasn’t very impressed, there were only  2 or 3 window display that I really liked. The rest looked a bit boring compared to Harvey Nichols and Selfridges.  But I did like a lot of things that were on display like the soft and light colored suede fringed bags by Trussardi shown in the last photo. 









Comments

Anonymous said…
I think this is a replica dress, hers did not have a fanned bow at the waist, it had several gold beads or buttons and the top of her halter sides was scalloped. I think rhis is a replica, based on all the photos I've seen.

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .