Skip to main content

MAC Chenman in the Mail

Last week I instagramed (@confashions) that I've received samples from M.A.C cosmetic's latest release, MAC Chenman collection. Apparently, the collection is based on Chen Man, one of China's most celebrated fashion photographers. She got her start taking a bunch of cover photos for the Shanghai based fashion magazine, Vision. She is also a regular contributor to the Chinese publications in Vogue, Elle, Bazaar, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, and Esquire. To be honest, I haven't heard of her until I received this collection. And I was very impressed by her bio. OK, so back to the MAC Chenman collection, the packaging of course is lovely. And as always, the first thing that always attracts me to MAC's special edition collections. Here's a brief review of what I thought of the samples...

Beauty powder "Play it proper".. nice but was too light for my skin tone, needs a lighter skin tone I guess

I liked the color combination of this Mineralize eyeshadow called "Pink Union". It has a mix of lavender, shimmery pink and dark purple. I blended them together on my eyelids and they made a nice toned-down purple shade with a hint of shimmer. 

Budding Love lip glass Lip gloss.. it gives a barely-there shade of pink... nice for the Summer

Reflects Glitter was too messy for my taste, so I'm not a huge fan of this one, I think only a tiny small dab is used on darker matte eye shadows to give a hint of sparkle..


Comments

Au natural said…
I waaant, really!! <3
Love me some mac too waiting for my new shipment!
Confashion said…
Talking with Tami
How convenience to get your make-up through mail.. love that! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .