Skip to main content

Event: Visiting Pretty Little Things

Whether hip home furniture and accessories you are looking for or an uber-chic pair of earrings is your thing, my roundup of things to do and see at Pretty Little Things event, will make it an easy browse for you. Held at   Al Sadu House from Saturday April 28th - Tuesday May 1st  and with the help of Abyat, the event will aid in the effort to renovate a local orphanage. 

I remember when I first attended PLT's event last year, which I covered here. This year's the selection is bigger and also sees an exciting lineup of regional brands by the likes of Saudi Arabian labels Razan Al Azzouni, Fyunka, and Sotra Boutique, whom I unfortunately missed to meet due to the fact that I came in a tad bit early. I was bummed out as I didn't get to meet the designers and see their stuff (except for Razan's). Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Other exciting participants included Boston-based Anakatarina Eco Gioielli, May Jewelry, Pieces By Farah, Th'haba, Paper Design Nest, So Lulu, The Yard, Baby B, Lina Jewelry Design, and Muneera Alsharhan. And also there was a line of scents, perfumes, bukhoor and scented candles from Saudi Arabia.

My first booth was AnaKatarina Eco Gioielli's where I had a close-up of the stunning18k rose gold, diamonds and mammoth bone ring with "Ishq/Lust" engraved on it. The designer, featured in the photo above, explained to me how she designs ethically sustaiable jewelry, all her diamonds are imported from Canda, one of the key players in the diamond industry as it aims to help with the dimond crisis in Africa. Or as they call it Blood Diamond. So that means her diamonds do not finance an insurgency or  help in invading army's war efforts in Africa, where around two-thirds of the world's diamonds are extracted. Remember the movie?

I have previously featured AnaKatarina Eco Gioielli' on my blog here.

Next was Pieces by Farah, also previously featured on my blog here, of course her work needs no introduction. Designer Farah Al-Humaidhi, shown in the photo below, debuted her Ramadan collection or tea cups and mini serving plates with cute florescent colored covers. The tea cups were quite reasonably prices, around KD 27 I think for a dozen? Not bad. 

Next we have Fudha Al Ateeqi's Paper-design.net, where she showcased a pretty selection of cute travel bags, colored notebooks, greeting cards, accessories, white silk tops with blotches of blue paint and more. 

Words of wisdom... 

Fudha had the most adorable mini-fashionista as a sale assistant by her side. Actually as soon as I asked the little girl to pose she immediately gave me this cute smile. What can I say! The camera loves her, she's a natural and her place belongs in front of the camera. Karlie Kloss who?

Me and my obsession with statement necklaces... as seen on Fudha Al Ateeqi

And then I met the lovely family of jewelry designer Muneera Alsharhan. The designer showcased an exclusive handmade and hand-carved collection inspired by a visit to Beit AlSadu. You can see that some of the patterns used on Sadu's woven rugs are reflected in her jewelry pieces. 

Muneera AlSharhan graduated with a Bachlor of Fine Arts in Jewelry and Metalsmithing from Rhode Island School of Design in 2011. Very impressive indeed. Below are some of my favorite pieces of her collection, they're all perfect for everyday wear.

Loved how the designer's sister decorated her ear!

Another statement necklace to love by Muneera AlSharhan

I can't have enough of May's Jewelry! They're so simple and sweet in design, and the way some letters are designed??? Makes you wish your name started with a different letter like an "H" or an "A" or even "S"!


I must add that her display was the prettiest! Below designer May Al Qassar posing in front of her pretty jeweled garden. 

The oh-so-pretty things at The Yard's display! How adorable are these baby bibs? And the selection of Console Tables they had were beyond gorgeous. I think I fell for the green one, shown below, the most!

More from The Yard


Cute and delicate tops by Saudi designer Razan Alazzouni, whom I previously featured here. I wish I had the chance to meet her. She also had a selection of caftans and formal wear on display. 

Next we have  So Lulu's handmade jewelry designed by Lubna Al-Nakib, they had a nice selection of accessories to complement your Ramadan Caftan or even for everyday's use. 

My favorite piece of So Lulu was this coral necklace which reminded me of Dolce & Gabanna's red hot chili peppers prints for S/S 2012. 


Designer Lubna Al-Nakib of So Lulu
Cute tassle earring by Lina Jewelry Design. Loved the way how the designer, shown below, displayed her jewelry.

Th'haba's  is of course not a new name on the blog. We've always loved their stuff and of course still do. Check out the flat sheet diamond bracelets worn by the sweet owner.


Neon yellow statement necklace? What else can we ask for? As seen by one of the event's chic visitors.
Thank you Noaf Hussein, featured above and the organizer of the event, for inviting us to the event. Looking forward to next year's PLT. 




Comments

7ajiDude said…
When am i ever gonna meet you? :P
Noaf H. said…
Thank you so very much for stopping by! So many beautiful pictures, had I not been there, I would live it through them. xx
Lina said…
Thank you for your comment, your support is highly appreciated hope we meet again in the next exhibition.

Best Regards,

Lina
99710091
Confashion said…
Dudette
ee wallah! shal 7ath! hopefully one day soon :)

Noaf H
It was my pleasure :)

Lina
I hope so too and I wish you the best of luck :)
LadyB_Q8 said…
That baby girl is a copy of my niece, soo adorable !

Popular posts from this blog

Hackett Now Open in Kuwait

For all you guys who love Polo & Tommy, you’ll be thrilled to know that British Brand Hackett is now open in Kuwait at The Avenues (Phase II). The home of authentic British Menswear and style, Hackett , has a worldwide reputation for producing high quality, unique and distinctive, menswear and kid’s clothing. Hackett’s clothes offer a selection of formal wear including dinner jackets, business clothing such as ties, suits, shirts and trousers, smart casual, rugby shirts, designer polo shirts to accessories including belts, scarves, wallets, and travel bags. And here's an interesting fact, Hackett is the Official Clothing Partner of the Aston Martin Racing . So you will also find Limited edition 'Aston Martin Racing by Hackett' products available in store. These Aston Martin Racing products make ideal gifts for Formula 1 racing fan, or an Aston Martin owner.

Saks In Bahrain

I went to Saks Fifth Avenue store in Bahrain. The two-level store is located in City Centre Mall and has a collection of American and international clothes designers for Men and Women as well as jewelry, accessories, handbags, fragrances, cosmetics, intimate apparel, bridal, and children's apparel. However, I was slightly disappointed by the small selection, maybe because all items were on sale? Or the number and variety of brands were limited? Anyhow, my favourite section at Saks - Bahrain was Saks's world-famous 10022-SHOE salon (shown in the photo below). It had the same look & feel of the NY's shoe salon but of course not the same space. The Shoe Salon had really nice selection and they were all on sale! I have been told by Saks Sales Assistant that they will be hosting numerous special events throughout the year such as fashion shows and personal appearances by designers. Now that's something I'd be interested in! In addition, they currently offer in-st

Event: Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale

The Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale is an event all savvy shoppers and bargain hunters look forward to as it's a chance to get the best deals from the most wanted designer labels. The sale will showcase clothes and accessories from Spring/Summer 2008 collection and some going back to Fall 2007 collection (and even older). Believe me when I tell you there are some real bargains as all items will discounted with a whopping 60% or more. The event will start tomorrow Saturday and will be open to the public 10 AM to 10 PM. And all throughout Ramadan from 10 AM until 2 PM and from 7:30 PM until 12:30 AM. The women’s section will be in a tent just outside the Mövenpick. As for men’s, it will be in the Villa Moda Shuwaikh warehouse just behind the building. Signs are displayed for directions. You better be quick and go and grab all you want in the very first days before the good stuff/sizes are gone.