Skip to main content

The Ture Colors of Shoes

While doing my seasonal (more like weekly!) closet clean up to take note of what I need to buy for the season (as opposed to what I want), I came to realize that my shoe closet really lacked basic colors! I mean I didn't have any pair of brown, tan, or black flat sandals! Colors that are essential for building a complete summer wardrobe. Florescent? Yes.. and two pairs! Why would anyone in their right mind buy two pairs of florescent-colored shoes?!! Bright orange? Check. Red shoes? Absolutely! Hot pink? yellow? 3 shades of green? purple? Blues (lots of blues!)? Check, check, and check! And NO basic colors?! What can I say, blame it on impulse buying! So I decided to go to Sergio Rossi boutique in Salhiya Complex since my sister recommended that I check out their flat sandals in brown. I came in the store, and the first thing that caught my attention was the neon yellow one... and I fell in love with it even more than its boring brown version, the one which I was supposed to get...  I guess basic colored shoes and I are not meant to be... oh well.. old habits die hard.

Scroll down for more colorful shoes to love. 

Stilettos in the season's "it" shade pastel pink, spotted at MaxMara boutique in Salhiya Complex

Oooooh Fendi Fendi! When it comes to designer shoes, hands down, they have the most comfortable heels, and one of the best quality too, in in my humble opinion. Plus, who doesn't love a ladylike peep-toe heels and a cute bow detail? This style comes in yellow/white and black/white...

More from Fendi... 

Remember when I posted about Aldo's footwear collaboration ALDO Rise which i spotted during a recent visit to Dubai? The fashion project in which ALDO created with designers Mark Fast, Preen, Libertine and JW Anderson? Well guess what? I have found the missing Preen pair at the brand's store in the Avenues. I tired them on, and for some reason I wasn't as excited as I though I would be. Their price was tempting though KD 50 only! But something just wasn't right... I have to admin though they were quite comfortable. I also saw other styles (shown below) from the collaboration which were not available in Dubai.

Cute emerald green sandals from Uterqüe embellished with crystals. very Miu Miu like, no?



Comments

Anonymous said…
Baby, love your blog so much, I like everything you post!

I think it is better you choose the neon over the brown ones, you can add a basic color somewhere else in your attire. With me mostly my shoes are the accents of my outfit..!

BIG XX~ S.
panacheous.com said…
OMG!! all so pretty! lost ;p
Confashion said…
Saffiya
Thank you so much :**

And that's exactly what I did *blush* I love colors.. thats my style I guess :) and I'm embracing it in full :)

Panacheous.com
I know! I want them all :P

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .