Skip to main content

ALDO Rise


While in Dubai and just as I was leaving Candylicious, I spotted ALDO's latest designer collaboration collection on display next door.  The footwear collaboration, called ALDO Rise, is a fashion project in which ALDO created with designers Mark Fast, Preen, Libertine and JW Anderson.
The collection features an array of styles which you can view them all here. Mark Fast’s cut-out pump in pretty pastel colors, looked quite nice but once I tried it on, if felt weird. The sales guy informed me the collection was originally debuted on the S/S 2012 runways, impressive! My personal favorite are Preen's mules because they have the same patterns and pixalted print as the ones used on his S/S designed clothes, unfortunately they weren't available in store.
The verdict? Ehhhh! Not a must have. I feel it's a love hate relationship when these designers pair up with high-street stores. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but in most cases designer don't get the quality and shape right and the result would be slightly disappointing. Anyhow, I'm not sure if the collection is available in Kuwait yet, but since it's already available in Dubai I'm pretty much sure it is available in Kuwait already, and if not, soon.

The pastel colored pumps by Mark Fast
JW Anderson added fun details like lace and feathers to pointy ankle-strapped stilettos and heeled sandals as shown above and below.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Confashion: JF Scarves JF Scarves Eid Collection

This post is dedicated to our Muhajababes  (fashionistas who wear hijab) courtesy of one of our fab readers JF Scarves . If you're looking for new head scarves to wear this Eid, check out their latest exclusive collection of designs with Swarovski crystals, pearls, metallic studs of all shapes and sizes. To order, please call (+965) 9991-2291 or send a Facebook message .

Event: Ha2 Ramadan Collection

Still looking for Ramadan caftans?  Check out the new Ramadan collection Ha2 by Hanan Al-Jouan which is now on display at Ghazl El Banat  boutique located in Villa Karizma, opposite to Amiri Hospital.  Opening hours are from 10am to 2pm and from 5pm to 10pm.

Miu Miu Pays Tribute to the Middle East

Everyone who knows me, knows that I have a soft spot for bag charms. They're fun, cute, and add a dose of irresistible character to your plain handbag. So when I got the news about Miu Miu paying tribute to the Middle Eastern culture by presenting an exclusive playful yet multifunctional accessories in luxurious precious skin, I got excited intrigued. The round-shaped charms has the Arabic alphabet, each piece presenting a letter design with metallic hues and vibrant colors. They're cute, nothing groundbreaking. I'm not sure if these bags charms would step up my bag charms game, but I guess it depends on their price tag and how "exclusively" exclusive they are. Maybe they'll grow on me? I don't know... What do you think? The charms should be available exclusively in  Miu Miu   Boutiques throughout our region.