Skip to main content

Celebrating Vika with Boutique N

So! Boutique N has officially launched its  Vika Gazinskaya S/S 2012 collection with a fashionable event. And the star of the event was of course the Russian designer who looked divine dressed in one of her own creations. The white dress had a huge bow decorating the back of its 50's like shape. guests at the event enjoyed sumptuous canapés while mingling and socializing with the designer and other guests. The entire collection was on display for the guests to take a closer look of the designed pieces. There was definitely feel-good energy surrounding the place. Scroll down from more photos of the event and what caught my fashion radars...

Retro-looking bracelets

Gorgeous ear piece as worn by  owner of Boutique N Aljawhara Al-Mahdi

Some arm candy by Hermes and Celine 
I loved the eye-glasses worn by Kuwaiti Designer Noha Al Roumi, I have featured her beautiful designs back in 2008. You can read the post here. If her pretty face looks familiar, she was recently featured on the cover of Kuwait's Marie Claire Magazine.

Stunning statement necklace


The Dannijo necklace is beyond fabulous! Worn by the lovely owner of Shoooh! Boutique. Check out her blog here.

That bag!!! GORGEOUS! Remember this one?

Perfect mix of prints... love it!
Exaggerated shoulders and bold graphic prints, what's not to love!
The new accessory to rock? The palm bracelet! Such a statement accessory. They were worn by two guests as shown below and above. I have seen something similar previously on my friend who got it from Frost Jewels. They all look eye-catching and pretty, not sure how practical they are though. I'll try to get more details on where these were made. 

Update: I've just received an e-mail from Aljawhara informing me that they actually do carry the arry the hand/palm bracelets that the guests were wearing. They're by Prive Jewelery and they're sold at Montaigne Market in Paris amongst other exclusive boutiques. And according to Aljawhara they're pretty comfortable and light, so you can move your hand around without any discomfort. They're the same ones Miroslava Duma has previously worn. 

Vika's creation as worn by the owner Aljawhara



Comments

Anonymous said…
It was a private event for invited ppl only?
Anonymous said…
where is n boutique located?
Confashion said…
Anonymous
Not at all, it was open to the public and I even announced it on my blog's homepage and Save the Date page :)

Anonymous
Burj Jassim in Kuwait City opposite to Discovery Mall. :)
Anonymous said…
7asaaafa 7asafaaaaaaa i missed it :(( not coz i wana meet vika but coz i wana meet u :)
in next events enshalla
Confashion said…
Anonymous
That's very sweet of u! I'm very flattered :) It would be an honor to meet you :) xoxo
Miriam said…
I love your blog! I was wondering if you could help me find that maxi skirt you have pictured above, the pleated one with the black, white, gray, and yellow/lime print. I've seen it before but can't seem to locate it or who designs it. Thanks!
Confashion said…
Miriam
The pleated and printed maxi skirt is by SUNO. I ahve seen it previously at Boutique N, not sure if its still available though.

http://www.shopbop.com/pleated-maxi-skirt-suno/vp/v=1/845524441898064.htm?folderID=2534374302185260&extid=affprg-2800546-SUNOO2000634872
Anonymous said…
not to be rude but why r u copying tommy tons work ????
Anonymous said…
I LOVE VIKA!! I'm so sad I missed it :(

and LOL at comment above mine! SHAKO
Confashion said…
Anonymous
oh 7asafa! yalla You never know, maybe for the next launch? ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .