Skip to main content

Christian Louboutin Exhibition in Dubai

While shopping around Dubai Mall, I passed by Christian Louboutin's  Exhibition, which was open to the public, in celebration of the brand's 20th Anniversary. Wow! 20 years?! Amazing! I only came to know about the brand in 99 I think, when I saw Carrie Bradshaw wearing a pair of pink satin sandals with a cute little bow. I fell in love with them immediately and got all excited when I found them at Gerard Darel boutique way back when it was located at Salhiya Complex, they didn't have the pink ones in my size, so I settled for the same style but in black. I'll share a photo of them soon.

Anyhow, the brand's boutique in Dubai also had a 20th anniversary limited edition capsule collection, offering loyal Louboutin clients the opportunity to own twenty of his most unforgettable styles, chosen by Louboutin from his vast archive. Each iconic re-issued style within this edited collection has been carefully updated to fuse the spirit of the original of style with modern tastes.Check out the shoes that were on display at the exhibition.

Escandria from the A/W 2010-2011 collection.

Let Me Tell You peep-toe ankle boots from the designer's A/W 2009 collection
The Trash Mule from the S/S 1999 collection

Pensee from the S/S 1993...  I didn't even know the brand existed at that time.

And the more recent ones...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .