Skip to main content

Stunning Samovar

Knowing how much I love skulls and eccentric items, the owners of SAMOVAR invited me to their showroom to take a closer look at a new rug they have recently received. When the owner first described it to me before seeing it, I honestly couldn't visualize the beauty of a rug covered with skulls. But when I saw it up-close and personal I immediately appreciated the craftsmanship and the design. And I loved it! Yes this style might not appeal to many, but I'm sure such design would have its own fan base. Obviously this piece is not suitable for kids rooms or a bedroom, but I can really see it in a retail store, hip office, or in the living room of a fashion editor/artist.. such a statement piece.

If skulls are not your cup of tea, I present you with other selection of gorgeous rugs that can make a statement just as strong as the one above. I was extremely impressed by their enormous selection of  rugs. I'm telling you, if you are looking for a rug that is modern, fresh, funky or maybe just a little different from the norm, then this is the place to be. Scroll down for more...

SAMOVAR Carpets and Antiques showroom is located at Al Tilal Complex in Shuwaikh.

This rug is actually made of dark denim and covered with geometric like embroidery.. loving the color combination of this one.

This beautiful rug is on trend with this season's mix'n'unmatch designs/prints

Some beautiful accessories for the home too...




Comments

Chicchef said…
Those rugs are so cool! I love the skull rug. I just found your blog=)

xo

Layla

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .