Skip to main content

Event: REUSE 5.0 Exposition

Yesterday we passed by REUSE 5.0 exposition which is organized by The en.v Initiative, an organization dedicated to social responsibility in the Arab world.  For its 5th consecutive year, the event was held outdoors and was segmented into different areas: Boutiques that sell eco-friendly, fair trade, and organic products, restaurants that offer organic food, a flea market, art galleries, live acoustic musical performances, and more.  

My favorite section was the art galleries of course, check out the piece above. I didn't noticed the quote was completed in a darker shade of black until my friend pointed it out for me. Look closely, It says "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it". I loved it! If you're the artist of this pieces and you're reading my blog, please send me your details, some people have just e-mailed me interested in your work. 

REUSE 5.0 exposition is currently being held the Australian College of Kuwait (ACK) and tomorrow 22nd April will be the last day for the event, where they'll be celebrating Earth Day from 5 to 9pm.

I think these pieces are by the same artist but I'm not quite sure... We came in early and I guess, because the organizers/participants responsible of the art galleries section were not there yet. 

Loved the frame!

Several paintings by Sabhan Adam at Al Tilal Gallery's booth and at tempting prices too

LOVED these painting by Taghreed Al Baqshi  also at Al Tilal Gallery's booth.
At CAP's booth, I spotted this painting which I think it's by a 12-year old Kuwaiti artist Hamad Al Humaidan. 

This has spooked me out! It looked so real!

Comments

unsa khalid said…
hey...thank you so much for sharing...i am a participant of REUSE 5.0...the frames made out of fabrics were made by me and two other group members...My name is Unsa Khalid as you can see the illustrations were also done by me...there were some more interesting pieces made by me and my group using plastic shopping bags, fabrics, caps of bottles...i dont know how to paste a photo here...if you want to have photos of our other projects please inform me
unsa khalid said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jena said…
Hello!
I'm Jena Al-Awadhi - I did the first piece. Thank you! so glad you liked it! The frames with the fabric were done by a group member - Our group is called "ARTronauts"
It's a shame I didn't get to meet you in person.
Last day for Reuse 5.0 is tomorrow, Sunday 22nd (Earth Day) with a performance at 7pm

Thanks again! :)
Jena said…
This is my contact email: j.e.n.a@live.com
Thank you!

Jena
ali ahmad said…
hey there i had been to Reuse 5.0 yesterday and i saw some very interesting pieces there. there was this piece which I initially thought was a painting but when I looked closer I realized that its made up of plastic shopping bags. it had really vibrant colors and the look was so neat and sharp that it was hard to realize that its made up of plastic bags. I loved that piece and it was for sale so I am going again tomorrow to buy that one because the price was quite resonable.good luck guys keep up the good work
Jena said…
Unfortunately, my artwork has been vandalized and destroyed along with two other people's work from my group. The toys were yanked off and individually broken. Artwork from other groups were untouched. It's sad that someone would go to such great lengths to do this. We are contacting the police soon and publishing pictures in the newspaper in the coming days.
Confashion said…
usna Khalid
My pleasure :) I loved your work, you can send me some photo to confashion@hotmail.com.

Jena
I'm very impressed by your work and I was really horrified when you have informed me that your work got vandalized. I hope whoever did this gets punished!

ali ahmed
Yeah I remember that piece, very creative and artistic :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .