Skip to main content

Video: The Daily Notes

Triplew.me is a middle eastern platform for undiscovered talent in film, music and photography. They're currently running an online challenge in association with Samsung Galaxy Note titled ‘The Daily Notes’. The project assigned three GCC filmmakers with three different characters. Each character is faced with a dilemma on their way to achieve their creative dreams.

Monira Al Qatami was the chosen film maker from Kuwait. She took on the story of Sara, a seamstress at a fashion design house with bigger dreams than just sewing.

The filmmaker with the highest views, likes and comments will be the winner. And the audience will get a chance to win a Samsung Galaxy Note as well. To watch the entire film:, please click here. 



Comments

Bebhinn said…
Monira is the only female film maker to take part in this project, which is noteworthy in itself. Love the gossip girl reference in the movie, because, well, I'm a huge fan of the show ( but only for the fashion now, as the whole Blair/Chuck thing has gotten a bit old!).
The Collector said…
As much as I wanted to like this, I feel I cannot. The idea of the short film is that the designer was "found" because she managed to recreate an Oscar de la renta? What happened to creativity? and more importantly, stealing designs is ok now?

:/

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .