Skip to main content

The Ones to Watch

Last night I attended the unveiling event of Dina Al Rujaib and Yousef Al Ibrahim's latest collaborative collection. The debut took place at Kuwait's avant-grade boutique Boutique 4 in Shuwaikh.

The first thing that caught my attention was the beautiful artistic installation which Yousef Al Ibrahim designed to display some of their pieces, they looked like they were floating on air. And then I went to take a closer look at the collection, catered for both men and women, and as I scanned each piece, I instantly grasped their design esthetic about being modern, sophisticated, clean, and minimal. The collection of dresses, blazers, tops, and vests in shades of black, white, and navy had this wearable urban appeal to them. The high-quality garments used, the experimenting with different textures, the unexpected details... absolute perfection. no wonder it took them a year to complete this project!

Showing off some of their pieces, Dina revealed she has always been into fashion and started sketching and designing as a hobby. But after a couple of years of experimenting she has decided to turn her passion into her career. Yousef on the other hand has always had some sort of attachment to fashion.. "I've always liked to experiment with my old clothes and a pair of scissors.." he said.

When I asked Dina and Yousef about the inspiration behind their designs, "Tomboys!" said Yousef. Then he continued "Dina and I were having coffee one day, way before we even started all of this, she was dressed kinda tom-boyish I would say and I liked it". "We came up with designs that fit both men and women like blazers and vests that have the same details", expressed Dina.

What are your future plans? I asked the designers. 
Dina: Focusing more on my own line. I'll be adding men's collection in my designs and taking with me what I have learned from this collaboration.
Yousef: I have two main projects on the way.. 1st is my "art" light/neon installations, which I'll be exhibiting at the Sultan Gallery.. no dates set yet but soon. And then focus on my own fashion label, taking my time with this one though. And finally getting my masters in a design major, undecided yet, but that's on top of my list.

Dina and Yousef now are most certainly one of the rising figures to watch in the region's fashion scene.

Now let's start our virtual tour...
The designers dressed in their own designs
Jassim Al Sadah the creative force behind bab.nimnim design studio and whose work I've featured previously on my blog here, here, here, and here.
Well hello there! Loved the combo or orange and cobalt blue...
Aziz Al Mudhaf, featured previously on my blog here, was wearing one killer armor ring
Guess who? Our fashionisto Yousef Al Tahir who has been featured too many times on my blog to count! Love his boots!
Loved the style of these fab-looking girls from head to toes
The tulle covered pants are TDF!! loooved them!
That dress and a blonde pixie haircut are a match made in heaven.
Gorgeous gorgeous kimono-like dress paired with emerald green Charlotte Olympia heels. heart!
And of course I had to check out Boutique 4's killer statement accessories! Love them would be an understatement!!


Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the orange nano, what is it called?
PrimaDonna said…
I loved the Kimonoisque dress!! Mashallaa thooog <3
Anonymous said…
the 2 girls are stunning
Thouqer said…
Kuwait is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS

thank you miss confashions for an extensive coverage :)

all the best to Dina and Yousef
Confashion said…
Anonymous
celine fluo orange nano bag :)

PrimaDonna
Totally! I fell in love with the details, and you should have seen it from the front. breathtaking!

Anonymous
I couldn't agree more :)

Thouqer
Kuwait's Got Style.
And I'm glad you enjoyed reading this post :) Thank YOU for the feedback.
Anonymous said…
is the black balanciaga bag fake !!! i have never seen one with buttons/studds i dont know what they call them :P underneath . look at the pic again and u will see what i mean :D
LadyB_Q8 said…
Wow, I have observed Dina's work beforehand but that's a totally different approached and im beyond surprised !
Now I regret not attending, lovely pictures dear :*
Anonymous said…
Dear confashions :thank you for the lovely work your doing ,keeping us updated with all the stylish happenings here in Kuwait . What you do sets a really high standard in cyber world . Keep it up ;)
Dina &Yousif loved your work .It was made to perfection .wish you guys all the best .
Anonymous said…
7asafa i missed it :(((
the collection looks great! is there a away i can check it out online and purchase?

thank you,
Mariam
Confashion said…
Anonymous
I highly doubt it :) This classic style has been there for quite sometime and if I'm not mistaken is called Balenciaga Giant City bag.

LadyB
You can still go and check out the collection at your leisure :). It will be stocked at Boutique 4 until it sells out.

Anonymous
Thank you so much for your support and your kind words :)

Mariam
For the time being it will be only available at the store. So you can go anytime you like throughout the week :)
Anonymous said…
I know my bags really well , their is something wrong with her bag . Look at it below and check out other pics online of real balanciaga bags and u will see what I mean

Popular posts from this blog

Hackett Now Open in Kuwait

For all you guys who love Polo & Tommy, you’ll be thrilled to know that British Brand Hackett is now open in Kuwait at The Avenues (Phase II). The home of authentic British Menswear and style, Hackett , has a worldwide reputation for producing high quality, unique and distinctive, menswear and kid’s clothing. Hackett’s clothes offer a selection of formal wear including dinner jackets, business clothing such as ties, suits, shirts and trousers, smart casual, rugby shirts, designer polo shirts to accessories including belts, scarves, wallets, and travel bags. And here's an interesting fact, Hackett is the Official Clothing Partner of the Aston Martin Racing . So you will also find Limited edition 'Aston Martin Racing by Hackett' products available in store. These Aston Martin Racing products make ideal gifts for Formula 1 racing fan, or an Aston Martin owner.

Saks In Bahrain

I went to Saks Fifth Avenue store in Bahrain. The two-level store is located in City Centre Mall and has a collection of American and international clothes designers for Men and Women as well as jewelry, accessories, handbags, fragrances, cosmetics, intimate apparel, bridal, and children's apparel. However, I was slightly disappointed by the small selection, maybe because all items were on sale? Or the number and variety of brands were limited? Anyhow, my favourite section at Saks - Bahrain was Saks's world-famous 10022-SHOE salon (shown in the photo below). It had the same look & feel of the NY's shoe salon but of course not the same space. The Shoe Salon had really nice selection and they were all on sale! I have been told by Saks Sales Assistant that they will be hosting numerous special events throughout the year such as fashion shows and personal appearances by designers. Now that's something I'd be interested in! In addition, they currently offer in-st

Event: Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale

The Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale is an event all savvy shoppers and bargain hunters look forward to as it's a chance to get the best deals from the most wanted designer labels. The sale will showcase clothes and accessories from Spring/Summer 2008 collection and some going back to Fall 2007 collection (and even older). Believe me when I tell you there are some real bargains as all items will discounted with a whopping 60% or more. The event will start tomorrow Saturday and will be open to the public 10 AM to 10 PM. And all throughout Ramadan from 10 AM until 2 PM and from 7:30 PM until 12:30 AM. The women’s section will be in a tent just outside the Mövenpick. As for men’s, it will be in the Villa Moda Shuwaikh warehouse just behind the building. Signs are displayed for directions. You better be quick and go and grab all you want in the very first days before the good stuff/sizes are gone.