Skip to main content

Meeting Roksanda Ilincic

Last night I attended Roksanda Ilincic's Trunk Show which was held at Al Othman Boutique in Salmiya. And what a night it turned out to be. We got to preview Roksanda Ilincic's Pre-fall 2012 collection and pre-order the pieces we liked. They also had her S/S 2012 collection on display, which obviously you can buy on the spot.  It was certainly quite an evening for so many reasons, putting faces with names (I was humbled by your presence), browsing fashionable clothes and accessories on display, and last but not least meeting Roksanda Ilincic of course, which was the highlight of the eventing. And I can't begin to tell you how sweet and down-to-earth she was, which I think is a rare trait when it comes to fashion designers. I have met several of them during my blogging years when I visited Beirut, Dubai, and Paris and some were either having a really bad day or had a really bad attitude problem. Anyways... moving on... 

On the evening of the event, I scanned Roksanda Ilincic's signature color-blocking dresses on display from both collection. I love how her designs are always about playing with volumes and silhouettes and mixing unexpected colors. Such a fun and happy combination of colors. The dropped-waist dress in red and turquoise with one huge ruffle (featured on the sitting mannequin in the photo below) instantly got my vote. The designer, dressed in her designs (that skirt is beyond fab!), expressed to me how thrilled she was to be in Kuwait and get to know more about the preferences and the tastes of clients in our region. 

Thank you to Al Othman for such a fantastic event...one that I will not soon forget. I'll leave you with a few photos to remember the evening by...

The gorgeous heels worn by Roksanda Ilincic are especially designed by Nicholas Kirkwood (heart!) for her S/S 2012 collection. I have posted about them previously here.

Beautiful gown by Roksanda Ilincic

Loved the bright orange belt.

Now it's time to have a look at the beautiful and uber-chic people that filled the event...

That Repossi armor ring is TDF!

Now this is some serious arm party! from the rings, to the nail art (done at The Boudoir Salon in Surra), to the killer bracelets! Gorgeous!
Yup! The Isabel Marant blue tie-dye Weez embroidered quilted jacket in flesh and blood! looked even more stunning up close! Le sigh! One last size available here.

Sergio Rossi's electric blue fur and animal print sandals. So cute!

Yowza!! Look at this stunning statement bib necklace!
Two-thumbs up for the printed suit..
Eddie Borgo cone bracelets.. heart!
A very chic mohajababe with some serious class and style. She paired her statement Prada necklace with her Roksanda Ilincic's outfit. Loved it!

Pastel colored sneakers! Super cool!

I loved the hem detail of these men's pants. And then I found out that they were designed by Dina Al Rujaib and Yousef Al Ibrahim, whom I posted about here. Very well cut and the fit looked amazing. The designers were there too to meet Roksanda.





Comments

AHMAAAZING POST!!! the woman with the black dress and the mohajjaba one have the BEST OUTFITS<3!! why dont you put your outfit?;$ we'd love to see your gorgeous style:*
LadyB_Q8 said…
Now that's seriously one stylish crowd amazingggg !

The mt7ajba with the dress and that gorgeous necklace <3
mashallah looks stunning !
dalal said…
I loveeddd il met7aaajba stylha e3aqiid!! o the black dress baa3aad 7eluuu!!
Confashion said…
4 Ketakeet emfarzineen
I'm so glad you enjoyed reading it :) And thank you for your feedback..
hahaha.. maybe I will who knows :P
Bu in the mean time I do share some bits and pieces of my style on instgram: @confashions
btw, love your user name!

LadyB
I couldn't agree more :)
Very very chic I loved everything about her outfit :)

dalal
Sij.. almost all of the people who were at the event were dressed nicely :)
Anonymous said…
The event was amazing, we should have events at AlOthman more often actually...
tina said…
Love Roksanda's shoes 3ajeeba il colors ,and everyone else so chic .

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .