And opposite to Marni for H&M's window display on the avenues, we have the less-hyped designer collaberation Mary Katrantzou x Topshop, which I have intagramed about (@confashions) over the weekend. Mary Katrantzou is one of the hottest young designers around thanks to her innovative use of 3D effect patterns and floral prints. I didn't go on the day of the launch so I didn't get to see the lampshade dress, not sure if it was even stocked in Kuwait. But according to my sources, the store did not have a large number of items in stock, except for the leggings and the floral tees shown below. So we all agree that the collection was nice, but I was kind of surprised by the prices! Let's take The blue printed pants for example, shown below, in store it was priced at KD 95! I checked Topshop's site online and it was priced for £130, which is around KD 57... pretty high markup...
Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?











Comments
H
www.almodablog.com
I couldn't agree more... I would spend max KD40 on a pair of high-street pants... KD 95 is just a rip-off!