Skip to main content

Browsing P2BK

So I have finally managed to pay P2BK exhibition a visit over the weekend. Unfortunately, I was unable to go through the entire exhibition as it was too crowded. And I had to leave since I get claustrophobic in crowded places, especially in the food gallery section..

Anyhow, let me share with you some items that caught my attention starting with these hand-painted wooden coasters shaped as Arabic letters. I spotted them at Tashkeil's booth and they're designed by Lebanese brand Kashida. I have read about them before on Khaleejesque. Check out their website, they really have cool stuff to decorate your home with. They also make a great housewarming gifts...

The first booth we stopped at had these cute mini clay scupltures. Apparently, you can send in a photo of a friend and they can create a sculpture of her/him for around KD 25 only. Great gift idea! If interested, you can contact them at magic_effect@hotmail.com or call (+965) 6606-2860.

A beautiful art piece showcasing Kuwait's old flag. Spotted it at My Cycle booth. Basically what they do is they recycle almost anything and create items that can be reused, like earrings, oversized clutches, wall decorations.. etc. They also offer a service to collect old magazines and newspapers form your home. Find out more by clicking here.

I fell in love with this booth presenting a new business called Japan Order. What they do is that they offer you an online platform to shop from leading Japanese shopping sites and get access to products unavailable elsewhere online. And that's not only it, they can help you locate an item you read it about somewhere and that it's only sold in Japan and they can get it for you. Think Fashion clothes and accessories, iPad and iPhone accessories (Hello Kitty iPhone Plug?! Cute!), gourmet food, animation and games, and other household items. Super Kawaii!!! We bought tofu and green tea flavored Kit Kat which they were on sale at the booth and the taste was ahhhmazing! They're not available yet only, but according to the owner they'll be adding those and other items in two weeks time.

I spotted the cutest price tag at Fortune Cookie's booth! Remember this smelly chewing gum which was very popular back in the 80's?! They have replicated the cover of the chewing gum and used it as a price tag! Smart! And check out the owner's cool ombré manicure! Me like!

A very expressive art piece by Mohammed Sharaf at FA Gallery's booth

One of my favorite local furniture brand MAZE, which I have previously featured here, had their own booth too. Needless to say they had gorgeous pieces on display.




Comments

PrimaDonna said…
Your posts are always so innovative, and really sheds insight on the lifestyle that is Kuwait. All the best to you, love. <3
Confashion said…
PrimaDonna
Thank you so much sweetie for your kind words and support :) xoxo
You don't know how much it makes me happy to know that you enjoy reading my blog posts :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .