Skip to main content

Visiting Beit Ahmed

I have finally managed to visit Beit Ahmed in Al Mubarakiya, Kuwait City after reading about it in so many blogs. The shop sells traditional and oriental clothing and accessories from Kuwait specifically and different parts of the world in general. It's an ideal place if you want to picks up souvenirs or if you're looking for unique gifts for friends and family. Or maybe if you need to buy an accessory or painting for your home. As I walked around the shop, I felt like this is Kuwait's semi-version of L'Artisan du Liban, in the sense of how things were being displayed and the emphasis on modern looking caftans in traditional fabrics, and other knick knacks here and there. Check out how cute the African dolls are!

I liked this wooden necklace with a profile of an African man

A colorful pot that serve as a chair and also to store thing under the lid.

I liked this show bag, I bought a few to use them as gift bags so that the receiver can re-use it instead of wasting away wrapping paper.

Yes she was and still is!

Colorful cotton bags perfect for the beach!

Check out the prints on the shawls shown in the photo above, so quirky cool! And below is a close-up of a bed headboard. Quite unique no?


Comments

Natalia said…
I´ve been there a couple of times and recommended in my blog.

http://diariodeunsidecar.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-discovery-in-souq-mubarakiya.html

http://diariodeunsidecar.blogspot.com/2012/04/souq-mubarakiya.html

I love all her stuff.
Natalia from www.diariodeunsidecar.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .