Skip to main content

I'm Back and A Burberry Brief

So I'm back from my quick London Fashion Week trip. I had to cut it short due to personal commitments, and unfortunately I missed attending amazing shows such as David Koma, Peter Pilotto, Christian Blanken, Louise Gray, Richard Nicoll, Burberry Prorsum, Roksanda Ilincic, Emilio de la Morena, and more. Nevertheless, this trip was definitely the highlight of my blogging career. Attending amazing shows, sitting front row, meeting the movers and shaker of this fashion industry, observing the amazing work by new talents up close?? Everything was so surreal and it happened so quick. I keep thinking about it the whole time. It's like someone took a tape and put it on rewind (tape? yes I'm a true 80's kid!). I'll be sharing more of my LFW experience today or tomorrow.

Speaking of which, did you manage to watch Burberry Prorsum Spring/Summer 2013 womenswear show live streamed on Confashion? If not, you can replay the video here. I always look forward to Burberry Prorsum's fashion show because I'm always eager to find out the brand's latest interpretation of the classic trench coat. This season, Burberry didn't cease to amaze us. Tench coats came in all gorgeous details, think lace, feathers, metallic, little capelet attached, puffy sleeves, fitted, and even ombré. Makes it so hard to settle for one! Oh and that siren red shade on the lips of Burberry's models? So pretty! It gives that strong, feminine attitude of this season’s Burberry girl. 

And what did you think of the music? Amazing ha? Here's the playlist in case you want to download them on your music player:
  • Another Love – Tom Odell
  • People Help The People (RAK Studios Session) – Birdy
  • Open Up Your Arms (Live) – Ren Harvieu
  • Walk On – Ren Harvieu

*Photos credit Burberry.com


Comments

Hawazen said…
WOW sounds soo exciting !!!! You make us proud xo

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .