Skip to main content

Event: Celebrate.... Good Times Come On...

Since I have missed attending Celebrate Expo's Gala Night, which was held in Missoni Hotel Kuwait with guest of honor renowned events planner Preston Bailey, and their VIP night at Le Notre due to my travel plans, I made sure to pass by their exhibition, currently being held at Al Baraka Hall in Farwaniya (Next to Crown Plaza). The event was very well-presented and I'm not surprised, after all, The November Company was the organizer. Brides-to-be and party hosts must check it out, the Celebrate Expo brings together a selection of handpicked exhibitors and vendors, so it saves you the hassle of going from one place to the other looking for what you need.

Personally, I was eager to meet Lebanese designer Krikor Jabotian, whom I have previously featured his stunning designs here. We've been communicating by e-mail only for quite sometime, and I was glad to finally meet him face-to-face. He is such a sweetheart! And observing his gorgeous work up-close was such a privilege. I love how he mixed the traditional golden embroidery (surma) to delicate french lace. Featured here are two of my favorite designs. Scroll down for some highlights of the event. Today is their last day, they're open from 10 AM to 10PM.

The designer Krikor Jabotian with his mother, don't they look adorable?

the background compliments these rock chic booties worn by one of the visitors

Krikor Jabotian's rings party

Love anything (well almost) decorated with mother-of-pearl... this was shown in a booth by Fresh Couture if I'm not mistaken.

Beautiful pillows at Terracotta's booth. They were previously featured on my blog here

Looking for chocolates in beautiful packaging? Check out Dolicissimo's booth, I love their packaging. They were previously featured on my blog here.

You must check out Onyx by Mohammed Al Rasheid's booth, I think he's one of the first Kuwaiti Chefs who worked in a hotel (was it the Sheraton?) back in the early 90's. He's an event planner, food presentation specialist, and a chef.

Sufi Turkish Fine Art by Dana Al Gharabally has a huge selection of home accessories and jewelry. I know a lot of readers who like these jewelry.

Souad J. Al Sabah of Sirdab 6 had this beautiful caftan on display. The caftan was designed using vintage pieces of embroidery, modern lace, and small pieces of traditional bisht (men's cloak).

Iris House.... fabulous home accessories! I have previously featured them here.


Chic details on some of the attendees of the exhibition

I looooved Ricamo's booth, the walls were covered in a beautifully patterned wallpaper and decorated with 3-D decorative pieces and what it looks like stencil art. Definitely the place to shop for home accessories. Previous post here.

Hawazen Al Buaijan of Goji Boutique was stylishly dressed in Tucker (soon to be stocked on her online website). Loved her arm party too.



Now this is the kind of cakes and biscutes I want to have for my future gathering! So cute! All by November Bakery.

Presenting you with the modern Mubkhar from Pieces by Farah Al Humaidhi

The one of the wallpapers on display at Bazaar's booth was exactly what I have been looking for! I just recently found out that the boutique located at Al Tilal Complex in Shuwaikh has pieces designed by the legendary Zaha Hadid and Marcel Wanders.  Previous post here.

Dazah by Faisal F. Dashti offers a marvelous selection of customized boxes for gifts and wedding gifts. You can contact him on (+965) 9776-6730 or follow him on instagram for more selection @dazah_kw.

It's all in the details.... chic visitors

I love NWN designs by Nada Waleed Al Nafisi not only because her designs are exquisite, but also I have dealt with her personally and I can tell you she is such a professional, a rare quality these days. And she's super sweet too! Previous post here.

And of course I always have a soft spot for May Al Qassar's designs (shown below), simple and sweet.





Comments

Hawazen said…
Loved the post and thank you so much for the mention <3
Anonymous said…
Love Azza Fahmi rings!
Anonymous said…
I heard that Ali Bakhtiar Designs was there, I would love to see his booth, he is amazing as wedding designer. Can you add some pictures ?
He is amazing ..... Is he has a shop in Kuwait?
Hend said…
I love the Gold white dress! So Nice to know about new young talented designers... Ill surely search more about the designers dresses.. Thanks for the post!!

www.aroramode.com

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .