Skip to main content

Vintage Reconstructed By Bambah

My friend once told me that vintage shopping is an acquired taste, a statement that I only believed in a couple of years ago. I didn't realize how exciting vintage clothes and accessories are until a few years back when I was rummaging through my mom's closets and found a couple of really beautiful dresses from the 70's and 80's (one of them were her wedding dress) and in amazing great codition. Honestly I was suprised to find vintage stuff in my mom's closet because she tends to declutter things every minute! I was happy to see that she managed to hold on them.

Speaking of vintage, the other day I have received a very cool invite from Bambah Boutique, Dubai's number one shoppig destination for vintage clothes and accessories. The boutique offers an exquisite treasure of vintage fashion from the 1930’s to the 1980’s, a mixture of everyday classics and designer pieces such as Yves Saint Laurent, Lanvin, Dior, and Nina Ricci. The invite came with a small sewing kit, a lookbook with real denim as a cover, the boutique's brochure, a cute sleeveless top with studded collars, and extra buttons and zippers (I think to customize the top maybe?). 

The invite was to celebrate the launch of Bambah Boutique new line Vintage Reconstructed, a new casual chic line by the boutique's owner, where she designs one-of-a-kind pieces made out of re-fashioned vintage and give the pieces a very modern on-trend look. Think military jackets, colored denim, colors, buttons, studs, and  more clothing with an attitude. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the event which was held in Dubai. But you can view the collection here. 

Thank you  Maha of Bambah Boutique for the cutest invite!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .