Skip to main content

Welcome to St. Tropez


The last time I have been to St. Tropez was 5 years ago. I loved it back then, perfect weather, somewhat quiet, and just overall a very pleasant trip. This year it was very very very busy and HOT! It was August after all and I should have known better. Getting there by car was a long stop-and-go ride and the traffic was terrible. So the moment we arrived there we needed to eat something to get charged up and fuel for the day, we had a quick lunch at one of their cafes, this activity including some people watching too... bien sur! Then we headed out to explore the area for the second time. The tourist-clogged port was filled with artists painting and displaying their artworks, I loved checking out their mini galleries, I even remembered some of the paintings since my last visit. We bought a couple of paintings and I already decorated our home with. 
The best thing about the port is the walk out along the port to the lighthouse. Beautiful views and somewhat more serene that the walk on the port itself. Then we walked around the back streets of St. Tropez, a lot of shops and boutiques lined up there, which did not exist 5 years ago. It was kind of disappointing to see St. Tropez turning into a commercial district. I loved it better when it had less boutiques. 

Would I go there again for the 3rd time? Let's see, beautiful beaches, fantastic food, breathtaking views. Yup all will leave me wanting to return... just not in August. Ahem.. As the saying goes... Woah, party now. Too much money in the bank account. Hands in the air make you scream and shout. When we’re in St. Tropeeeez

Except now there is not much money left in the bank account!!!

Anyhow, I must take this opportunity to thank one of my lovely and sweet readers Ms. Lujain who took the time and effort to send me a long e-mail with details on where to go, where to swim, where to shop and where to eat in Cannes and St. Tropez. THANK YOU Lujain for making our trip even more memorable.

We spotted Chanel pop up store on Avenue du Général Leclerc, so we had to park somewhere to check it out. It had its own private garden and pool, and of course they were selling some exclusive items like beach bag with matching towel and floor mat. According to the sales lady, the store will be shut on 2 October.

The latest clutches from Bottega Veneta

Lanvin's window display, love the colorful angle wings

My favorite paintings on the port

Dior has also opened a new Saint Tropez pop-up store The space was designed by architect Peter Marino, who also designed Toujouri Boutique in Doha and I have previously mentioned him here. There was a beautiful tea salon/cafe in the garden with a gourmet menu. Check out Dior's logo in the photo below hidden between the trees at the entrance.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh,,, fresh air!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful Post...so nice photos:the South of France is such a marvellous place,...many famous Worldwide Artists live/lived there because the light is Fantastic...the Beauty of Mediterranean Nature!
Love also Your tastes in Art: Lovely Paintings...a touch of Naif !
Do You even Paint?...Maybe Yes?
Thanks for sharing

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .