Skip to main content

LFW: Joining Matches Celebrations for LFW Designers

On day one of London Fashion Week, I was invited to Matches VIP launch party in celebration of the strong relationships they have built with London Fashion Week and London-based designers. The high-end retailer, curated a small exhibition of London's stellar luxury labels in their Marylebone store which has been turned into a celebration of all things British. 

There were three installations set up inside the Matches boutique to showcase the Matches edit of Best of British, with key pieces from each designer from AW12. What caught my attention was this striking mannequin exhibit on the window display, it was dressed in this dramatic headpiece and gown, designed by Giles Deacon.

They also had a live band playing music outside the store. And I got to meet the wonderful Matches team and one of my favorite fashion inspirations Caroline Issa executive fashion director of Tank Magazine, if you're following me on instgram I'm sure you know that by now. I also met designers such as Giles Deacon, Osman Yousefzada, and Saloni Lodha. Aaaand I had the pleasure of getting to know an amazing blogger, which I immediately clicked with. Such a genuine charachter. Check out her blog here.

It was a very lovely evening, thank you Matches and especially to Simone Parchment for inviting me and for your warm welcome. 

Loving the colors and patterns of Jonathan Saunders's clothes

Oh Tabitha Simmons... the things you do to me!

Charlotte Olympia wedge heels

Sophie Hulme structured bag


The lovely Simone Parchment dressed in Erdem

Luuuuv her Delfina Delettrez eye ring

Marios Schwab leather detail

In love with this red and pink dress by Emilia Wickstead

I'm so adding this colorful foxy fur by Peter Pilotto to my wish list!

Hello mind-blowing heels!!!

That striped Ostwald Helgason is killing me!!

Carven and Givenchy.. a match made in heaven!

Erdem skirt... dedicated to theoverdressed.com

Caroline Issa executive fashion director of Tank Magazine... major style crush

I loved designer Saloni Lodha's mixed and unmatched patterns, the patterns of the top is actually embroidered so pretty

And I met blogger Soraya Bakhtiar who Ive been following for quite some time. Check out her blog, she has an amazing sense of style. And that night we were wearing the same Céline Trio' crossbody bag.




Comments

pianofortegirl said…
Love the shoes and Alexander Mcqueen clutch!!!

Cristina

http://pianofortegirl.wordpress.com
Thank you so much for the shout-out. Meeting you was definitely the highlight of the party, far more than catching glimpses of the important people within the fashion industry.
Soraya BAKHTIAR said…
thank you for featuring me :) xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .