Skip to main content

LFW: Obsessed With Sophia Webster

As much as I enjoyed attending fashion shows of some of the industry's renowned designers, my ultimate excitement (after meeting Tylor Tomasi Hill of course) was scouting new and under-the-radar designers at London Fashion Week. And on Day 2 of LFW, I officially made some room in my heart for relatively-new shoe designer Sophia Webster. Yup, she is sitting right up there next to Nicholas Kirkwood and Pierre Hardy. 

According to her representative whom I met, the designer has been working as design assistant to Nicholas Kirkwood since graduating from the Royal College of Art in 2010. Aha! That explains my instant attraction to her playful and oh-so-feminine designs, she's been mentored by shoe genius himself. She’s already been picked up by Net-a-Porter, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Saks, and Colette. And I'm not surprised! When I took a closer look at her work I let out a loud sigh! I wanted them all! They all looked so fabulous and fun-looking to wear!

UPDATE: Designer has just commented on my instagram photo informing me that the collection will be available in Kuwait at AlOthman and Harvey Nichols by end of October. Can't wait!


Comments

Fmt91 said…
Wow its verrrrrrry similar to kirkwood ! I love the neon one with orange beads!
May said…
They are amazing!
Anonymous said…
amazing ...love all her shoes !
Anonymous said…
Most certainly absolutely fabulous! As someone who's obsessed with shoes, I say I want all of them:) I love it that bright colours are everywhere. Way to go and make your everyday life more colourful!!!

Jolita x
http://jolitajewellery.com

Goji Boutique said…
I'm in LOVE, they're gorgeous!
LadyB_Q8 said…
Amazing shoes, Can I have size 37 in each and every pair? <3

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .