Skip to main content

Preen S/S 2013 with Moda Operandi

So! Back to my London fashion Week updates, so far I only managed to post one. I know I've been lazy with my posts but it has been a very hectic week. So let's get this party posts going! And what's better way to kick start the updates other than with Moda Operandi, the only online retailer that allows you to shop designer ready-to-wear fashion and accessories straight from the runway.

I have been invited by the Moda Operandi team to accompany them at the Preen by Thornton Bregazzi's S/S fashion show, which was held at the Natural History Museum. And also to get to meet one of my style icons Artistic Director of Moda Operandi Taylor Tomasi Hill. I've always admired her sense of style. She just knows how to have fun with fashion and what works for her. And that's the way it shouldn't be, fashion is always changing and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Of course since the day I have eagerly accepted the invite and until the 16th September, I was constantly thinking to myself "this is too good to be true!!" I was thinking so much about it that I suddenly became insomniac! What should I say,  how to keep my cool, and most importantly WHAT TO WEAR!!! And as always, when I over-plan and over-prepare, I never get my look right! But honestly who cares?!! I sat next to Taylor Tomasi Hill front row, and had brunch with the MO girls for god's sake!!! Who would have thought! Enough of that teenager drama, let's get to the important stuff. 

So the amazing Moda Operandi team Taylor, Hayley, Bettina, and Ashley, as you can see them in the photo shown above, looked extremely chic. The four of them were walking down the street towards the fashion show premises with their model-like figure and for a second I could've sworn I  was watching an episode from  Sex and the City. I could hear the street style photographers snapping away in the background.  We did our "hello's and Hi's" and they were all down-to-earth and super sweet, I instantly felt comfortable with their company. We were right on time, the show began 5 minutes later.

Preen by Thornton Bregazzi's S/S fashion show was simply fabulous! The husband and wife designers prsented looks using a combination of patch-worked lace, snakeskin (not a huge fan of this print though), and floral prints in navy, plum,  yellow, and fuchsia palette. The designed looks started off somewhat simple then gradually sprung off into bold and unexpected details. Think asymmetry, modern kimono sleeves, and an A-line skirt with slit that revealed a hidden mini skirt. I loved the shoes too, not sure if they have collaborated with a designer for the shoes, Maybe Manolo?

You will be able to pre-order Preen on Moda Operandi sometime next week. For a better look of the entire collection, please click here. Please scroll down for some of my  highlights of the show.

British model and socialite Cara Delevingne

Oooh loved this pair!!

My least favorite look... too many reptiles! Yikes!

Goooorgeous skirt!! Check out its embellishment

The final walk...

And now for some celebrity spotting.. Fashion blogger Diane Pernet of A Shaded View on Fashion

When the hunter becomes the hunted! I captured Street Style Photographer Tommy Ton in action outside the show. And below American DJ and model Leigh Lezark just before the show.



Comments

LadyB_Q8 said…
Jealous?
sez who *cries*
I'm soooo happy for you I'm actually feeling the rush and they couldn't have picked some one better for the mission so proud of you dear !
Confashion said…
LAdyB
Hahaha Thank you sooo much :** That was very kind of you :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .