Skip to main content

LFW: Eley Kishimoto Fashion Exhibtion

During London Fashion Week I was invited to attend the fashion exhibition of London based designers Eley Kishimoto titled Living with patterns which was held at the Aram Gallery in Covent Garden. It's something completely different from what I expected to see during LFW. And I mean this in a good way, the entire ambiance felt so comfortable and friendly, people were not rushing to get their seats, and it definitely wasn't about power-dressing. It was simply a relaxed quirky-cool environment for you to observe the collection, or mingle and socialize with people with different backgrounds, or simply enjoy the live music played by a retro looking band.

The exhibition was not only to showcase the designer's S/S 2013 clothes, but also included other home accessories like vases, rugs and plates all decorated with Eley Kishimoto signature patterns, which I personally favored over clothes. The clothes collection can be best described as a clash of modern and retro with a surrealistic twist. Think simple designs with a fusion of geometric patterns and flash prints. I liked a few pieces of the collection like the patterned pants shown in the above photo and the patterned skirt shown in the photo below, the rest of the collection would probably appeal more to those who appreciate the quirkiness of Eley Kishimoto. Scroll down to view highlights of the evening.

Eley Kishimoto collaborated with Clarke’s shoes, who have adapted a series of Kishimoto’s repeat prints for a range of ladieswear shoes.The limited edition collection will be out on March 2013 at select stores.

Narumi Japanese Ceramics who have produced a collection of Eley Kishimoto porcelain tablewear which beautifully decorated one of the walls in the exhibition. I'd love to have something similar in my home.

Loved this collection of new commercially available rugs unveiled by Aram store and the designers during the opening.



Comments

Anonymous said…
love love love the patterned shoes! i want them all!
Pianoforte Girl said…
Love the prints. Very beautiful!
Noaf H. said…
I am in LOVE with EVERYTHING in this post! Love love LOVE!
Confashion said…
Justnoon
They should be out March 2013, not sure if Kuwait's gonna receive this limited edition collab though...

Pianoforte Girl
Yup very quirky cool :)

Noaf H
And it's loving you back ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .