Skip to main content

Reviving Your Fendi baguette

Remember almost 15 years ago when the Fendi baguette was the "it" bag to carry? I remember my sister was in Milan when she first saw this colorful delicately and intricately embroidered baguette bag decorated with small  mirror discs. I clearly recall her describing it to me over the phone, all excited about her new purchase and I couldn't wait for her to come back and see it up close. And when I did, I was startled by it's beauty the bag was even more stunning than what I have imagined it to be. 

15 years later, Fendi decided to do an exclusive reissue edition of six of their favorite Fendi Baguettes. And guess what I saw on the window display of Fendi boutique in Dubai? Yup, the bag itself. I went inside to ask about the prices and I was shocked to find out that they super hiked up its price! Now the limited edition baguette is selling for around KD 1,100+. I think my sister got it for around KD 400 more or less? Good thing she is still holding on to her baguette!

So if you have managed to keep your Fendi Baguettes all those years, it is definitely time to carry them out again.

How about you send me a photo of YOUR Fendi baguette? I'd like to see how many of us still holding on to this bag. You can e-mail it/tweet it to me or instagram (@confashions) it (make sure to tag me so that I can be notified) and use the hashtag #confashionsFendi?? That sounds like a lot of fun! 


Comments

YasmineElCharif said…
It's all about reviving the classics!! I've seen ADR support this and its taken off since. Kenzo relaunched their iconic bag collection last year and were at the Avenues for their world tour, and who can ever forget Chanel's classic reissue line? I LOVE that we're bringing back the old in innovative ways. At the same time, It is such an exciting time to witness new designers take hold of the fashion spectrum and create their identities. It's so interesting! Who do you think is going to be around to reissue their classics in 50 years? Hmmm

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .