Skip to main content

Bag Lady

And here's the bags' post I promised to follow. All the photos featured here were taken during my stay in Dubai, and they're mostly from the pre-fall collections. I was very impressed to find almost all of the designer boutiques and the high-end department stores in Dubai had their pre-fall collections on display early July! Which is something that retailers in Kuwait should take note of. Why keep us waiting till late August for the new collections to be on the shop floor. Sure we can always resort to online shopping, but offline has its special flavor (minus the pain of returning poorly fitted clothes/shoes). Nothing beats the personal service you get from some of the boutique owners, the instant gratification of walking out with your purchases, and the ability to test what you're buying. And let's not forget better value for our money, no shipping fees, no tax fees... etc. 

Anyhow, back to bags! Take a scroll down for some eye candy...starting with Chanel's boy bag in a beautiful shade of green and covered in stingray leather... Price tag? Around KD 1,700 if I'm not mistaken.. The bag comes in at least 4 different colors: beige, red, and purple too.

Another bag that I'm starting to warm up to is the Loewe Amazona in multicolor calf leather. I like the color combination and the leather is just amazing. Very elegant indeed. Loewe's boutique is located at Dubai Mall.

I instantly fell in love with structured clutch by Ports 1961. I spotted it at Symphony boutique in Dubai Mall. It was from the brand's S/S collection and it was on sale too. Who knew wood could be so mighty fine? 

Gorgeous details on this Chloé Elsie square mini shoulder bag from the brand's pre-fall collections

Check out this super cute mini clutch by Chloé! Its leather is similar to this one. And it's called the lipstick clutch, yup.. it can ONLY fit a lipstick. This one is from the sale item. Chloé boutique is located at Dubai Mall. 

Spotted! Fendi's mini peek-a-boo bag in red! I liked it even more than the black version which I posted about previously here. Fendi's brand boutiques are located at Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Mall.

Another set of minis by Dolce & Gabbana... and they were on sale too

Mini bag is the flavor of the day I guess! Some really super mini bags from Chanel.

And of course a mini bags post wouldn't be complete with out the Céline Nano in a dark shade of grey

More from Céline, not sure if they were from S/S or pre-fall collections. But they weren't on sale..


Comments

The Collector said…
gorgeous! thanks for posting this, such eye candy.
Anonymous said…
Hii I was wondering how much is the Celine nano ? And do u think theyll bring it to Kuwait?
Confashion said…
The collector
My pleasure :)

Anonymous
I think it was around KD 450 more or less.. I'm sure they will get it in Kuwait. You need to go to the Celine boutique in Arraya and ask them to reserve one for you.. :)
Serene said…
Being a collector of designer bags the blog is rather interesting.I was wondering if you can suggest time where I could get my loewe bag refurbished cause it was badly damaged in a house collapse
Also how muc6 would it cost an approximation
Thankyou

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .