Skip to main content

Event: Project: MEGA Toy Exhibition

During my stay in Dubai last week, I came across an exhibition titled Project: MEGA in Dubai Mall. It's considered Middle East's largest Designer Toy exhibit. And it features designer toys created by 125 Dubai-based artists. MEGA is basically a white vinyl figure and stands 8 inches tall. Any person can purchase it to customize it to his/her liking, the customization process is done easy thanks to MEGA's detachable parts. If you ever feel like expressing your inner Picasso, you can get your own MEGA at any of Virgin Megastore outlets across the U.A.E.

Back to the exhibition, I was really amazed by the work done by these 125 artists! I'm talking jaw dropping creations here! I wanted to snap a photo of each and every toy on display, but I'd spend hours doing that. The attention to detail and the amount of creativity used to design these toys has sure left me mesmerized.

The exhibition was launched on 28th June and will be on display until today 8th July. For the chance to own one of these unique art pieces, the organizers of the event will be having an auction for all of the art pieces on the 12th of July at the FN Designs studio in Al Qouz, Dubai. Visit this site for more info.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .