Skip to main content

Philosophy's Purity

A couple of weeks back I have received a bottle of Philosophy Purity one-step facial cleanser from Habchi & Chalhoub group to give it a try. The timing couldn't be more perfect! My daily cleansing cream from Dr. Hauschka is about to finish (By the way! Thanks to my lovely friend N for introducing me to it!), and since Dr. Hauschka is not stocked in Kuwait, I needed a good alternative. 

Philosophy Purity came with a beauty book which gives an introduction about their skin care and beauty lines, plus it had some smart and positive messages throughout the book like the one shown in the photo above. I loved the vintage images used in the book too, gave it a whimsical touch.

Now back to the product, Philosophy Purity is formulated to gently cleanse, tone and remove all face and eye makeup in one step while lightly hydrating the skin. This was very convenient for me because I like to keep my skin care routine plain and simple. I have tried the product for the two weeks maybe? And I found it to be very impressive in terms of melting away my make-up, some products I have used in the past required me to wash my face twice at least in order to have all my make-up removed. It doesn't foam up much, but I've heard that they do carry a foaming type of this product. So far my skin didn't break out, so that's a good sign. However, I did get an irritated skin a day or two, not sure if it's a case of allergy or from the product itself. But overall, I'd give it four out of five stars.

You can find Philosophy Purity at Sephora boutique in the Avenues Phase II.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .