Skip to main content

Let's Discuss LV x Yayoi Kusama's Collection

Soooo... you've seen and heard about the Louis Vuitton x Yayoi Kusama collaboration, right? The Japanese artist known for her whimsical dot motif, collaborated with LV and created a limited edition collection of bags, shoes, accessories, and clothes covered in her signature dots. Let's discuss. 

I respect Yayoi Kusama's work as an artist and saw photos of her art work and they looked fascinating. However, I wasn't too amused by the fashion collaboration. I mean they looked too... ordinary. I personally much prefer the Murakami collection. This is my initial verdict for now. So I won't pass my final judgment until I see how the second release of this collection turn out to be. The 2nd release, set to debut sometime in October, will include a range of monogram leather goods. I hope they'll be incorporating more of Kusama's art in an original way.

All featured photos were photographed at LV boutique in Salhiya, Kuwait except for the the last two photos, they were taken by my fashion sidekick, my niece, during a recent visit to the brand's boutique in Beirut. Thank you D.


Comments

Miss Ghesquiere said…
i agree its pretty much normal stuff with dots on it. They took the dots as a motif and that was where they went wrong. Kusamas talent is in creating insane atmosphere from ordinary shapes and primary colours. Her talent is not decorative like Murakami, who specializes in the small and detailed (which translates into product very well). It was a dumb move by LV. They did her work a disservice by reducing it like this. :((
Latifa said…
The collection kind of reminded me of minnie mouse :p
Confashion said…
Miss Ghesquiere
Well said and I couldn't agree more..
The only good thing that came out of this is that she's finally getting some global recognition again, she hasn't has much since the 70s...

Latifa
hahah true!
Anonymous said…
i don't like them one bit! she's could've done it better

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .