Skip to main content

Color Me Beautiful


So the LBD is not your thing? How about you add a splash of colors to your evening look?  I have spotted some really beautiful pieces in the most mouthwatering shades to light up any party. Let's start with this Matthew Williamson Grecian style evening gown available at Al Othman. I love the embellished detail shown below. Simply stack a bunch of golden hand bracelets/cufs equally on both arms to master the Grecian-chic look.



OK this dress is one of those things you need to try on before you judge. It looked so boring on the hanger but it's actually very cute and fun when I tried it on.  I felt it was more suitable for a party than a wedding. The Vera Wang sleeveless and sequined cocktail dress is retailed at KD 736 and is available now at Aïshti located in the Avenues Phase II.


I have 3 words to describe this beautifully crafted strapless number by Marchesa. A Piece of Art. And even though I'm not too fond of the red crystals embellishment, the way the ruffles stand and sway when walking makes me overlook the embellished details. This is definitely a dress that should be sported by the hostess.


This is another lovely tiffany blue color with a lovelier origami creation by William Tempest which I spotted at Al Othman Boutique. But a word of advice here, you need to have a really high neck to pull off this look.  Otherwise, you'll be smudging the dress with your lipstick! Or maybe it simply needs some  alteration/ tailoring magic. Price tag? KD 1,198.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .