Skip to main content

We're Off to See the Wizard


I’m not a big fan of printed bags but these Furla limited edition bags had me stop dead in my tracks while passing by the boutique’s window display in Arraya Complex. I was mesmerized by the distinguished and stunning graphic print created by the Leitmotiv duo Fabio Sasso and Juan Caro.

So I went in to check out the Leitmotiv for Furla collection made out of waxed canvas. The collection of clutches, totes, and shopper bags carried the Wizard of Oz theme with Dorothy donning her ruby red shoes, and of course the designer beautifully illustrated the entire gang too: Toto, the Tin Man, the Scarecrow, and the Wizard. My fave is the clutch which actually reminded me of Sarah’s Bags. And even though the printed bags are not so practical, I loved this collection as it brought back lovely childhood memories.

According to the sales lady, this collaborated collection is designed for NY’s Fashion’s Night Out and supposed to be released on 10th September! So woohoo, you get to see them first right here in K-town!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey confashions! this a totally unrelated post..but I thought you would be excited to know that the next H&M designer collaboration would beeeee...wait for it....drum roll pleeeeeeeease...LANVIN! Expected to be in stores some time in NOV 2010!!
Wrapping Mania said…
Allaaaaaah me want :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .