Skip to main content

The LBD


It’s the wedding season and you’re on the lookout for a cocktail dress? Relax and kick back those red soled stilettos.  I have gladly done your homework for you and I've got some fab picks right here that won’t break the bank (well except for one!).  So let’s start with today’s post focusing on our all time favorite, the LBD. Let's start with this D&G halter dress with ruffled tulle detail which I spotted at Aïshti in the Avenues. Price tag? KD 367. With all those ruffles going around, you don't need to worry about accessories. Just a simple pair of patent heels and diamond earrings will do. 


For those of you who like simple designs check out this D&G strapless lace dress with ruched detailing on the side and a ribbon bow. I couldn't find it in D&G's online look book but I've found the same design in different material just to give you an idea of how it actually looks like. Price tag? KD 230


Another cute dress by Italian brand Cristiano Burani with light organza ruffled shoulders. Also available at Aïshti Price tag? KD 218


Try this uber-chic LBD by Preen. The long sleeves lace dress from the brand's pre-fall collection 2010 is very fitted, so invest in a good pair of spanx. Price tag? KD 296

Comments

newly_wed said…
fantastic post.. i would LOVE for u to check out the longer versions also (maxi and 3/4) for the wedding season and receptions.
Confashion said…
Newly_wed
Thanks! ;) I'll be doing that for sure.. keep on eye on my blog for the next couple of days.. and beyond! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .