Skip to main content

BREAKING NEWS: Istithmar Wins Barneys Battle‎

YES!! Fashionistas in this region, here's a reason for you to celebrate (and start saving money big time!). We will be all shopping at Barneys Dubai soon. Yup, Dubai's Istithmar has won the bidding for Barneys New York following the decision Thursday by the Japanese Company to drop out. Istithmar is paying the group which owns Barneys, a hefty $942.3 million in the all-cash deal. If you have been following this bidding battle on my blog, you'd recall that the initial deal with Barneys NY was in June for $825 million, but then the Japanese company stepped in and a bidding battle started.

I would like to congratulate Istithmar for their win. Guys, if you're reading this, I admire your persistence. You really made me feel proud. So what's your future plans? Harvey Nichols maybe?

Comments

Anonymous said…
You go Istithmar! What a mommentous victory. I love your blog confashion. can you share the link to the article? I want to read it all :DDD
Ansam said…
check this confashions:
http://www.harveynichols.com/output/
Page221.asp
MiYaFuSHi said…
I'm proud too!
Anonymous said…
Oh my Gossh ! Dubai <3
We already have Harvey Nichols In Emirates Mall.
Welcome to Dubai Barneys <3
Anonymous said…
Yeeeeeeeees !! heheh ALLAH ybashrech bil khaaair :))

btw there already is a Harvey Nichols in Dubai
Confashion said…
Sue ellen
Sure!! here you go: http://www.arabianbusiness.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=497610:istithmar-bags-barneys&Itemid=1


ansam & Chineese eyes & yara
I wrote this post very late at night, I didn't pay attention to that last sentance I wrote. So forgive my errors & lack of concentration :P I meant Harvey Nichols in Kuwait.. I've been to the one in Dubai :)
Maybe Selfridges in Dubai? :P
Anonymous said…
Selfridges YES! Or Harrods Omg The Thought of it makes Me wanna Jump !!
Anonymous said…
Alright, alright so Barneys is coming to Dubai after all!I feel so over the moon for Haya & co - really I do.
Now if only they would clamp down on havala, human trafficking, child jockeying and introduce minimum wages, press freedom and parliamentary democracy in Dubai life will at last come a full circle for Souk Dubai.
Anonymous said…
A Bergdorf Goodman in Kuwait or a Baladiya that's actually interested in keeping Kuwait neat and tidy?

An Auchan hypermarket in Al Rai or government hospitals that come close to the French health service?

A Galeries Lafayette in Salmiya or well maintained public parks and gardens downtown.

A Colette boutique at the Avenues or a Barnes & Nobles at the Avenues?

More American casual diners in Kuwait City or more libraries, museums and art galleries across Kuwait??
Confashion said…
the reluctant homosexual
Well.. I don't think there is a city/country in the world which does not have its flaws. But I try to make the best of some situations. That's what keeps us moving forward or at least possitive.

thinking points
I'd like to have them all. That would be something. My Euphoria :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .