Skip to main content

It's a Barneys War

The bidding war for the upscale department-store Barneys New York intensified over the weekend, as Dubai's Istithmar increased its offer to $900 million from its original bid of $825 million, matching a competing proposal from the Japanese Company. In response, the Japanese Co. sweetened its offer to $950 million. Istithmar has two business days, beginning Monday to make another offer "at least as favorable" as the Japanese bid. Who do you think will win this battle? I'm really enjoying this! It's like a soap opera. We'll find out tomorrow whether we'll be shopping at Barneys Dubai or not.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It ain't over till the fat lady sings. But maybe neither might get to keep Barneys. Imagine Villa Moda Lifestyle making a last minute winning bid - now that will be a coup de grace to remember
Confashion said…
the divided colors of VM
Villa Moda? Highly unlikely ;) But I'm really interested in what's going to happen next! I can't wait!
Anonymous said…
I Hope Istithmar Wins this. We Really want Barney's Here In Dubai.It would do good for all Gulf, Please Istithmar DO Someting and Japanese Co.Go to Hell =@
Confashion Please update us about this I'm truly looking forword to know the results.
Confashion said…
Chinese eyes
I WANT Istithmar to win too! Imagine having Barneys NY only 2 hours away by flight! How great is that!

I'll keep you posted inshallha ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .