Skip to main content

Fashionable TV Shows

If you haven't mastered the art of downloading TV episodes from the net, then now is the time for you to learn and practice because fashion is back in style on TV this fall. Keep an eye on the next new generation of Sex & the City TV shows: Lipstick Jungle, Cashmere Mafia, and Gossip Girl.



Lipstick Jungle is based on the best-selling book by Candace Bushnell (The brain behind Sex and the City), this enticing new drama follows three modern & high-powered friends in their 40's as they weather the ups and downs of their lives in the city that never sleeps (NY of course). Nico (Kim Raver of 24), editor-in-chief of a fashion magazine, has her eye on becoming CEO. Movie exec Wendy (Brooke Shields) does everything she can to balance career and family. And free-spirited designer Victory (Lindsay Price, remember her from Beverly Hills 90210?) longs to make her dreams come true, and maybe find Mr. Right (or Mr. Big?) along the way. The show is scheduled to air January 2008.


From the Producer of Sex & the City Darren Star comes Cashmere Mafia which is a drama about four bright, and relatable Manhattan women bonded by their Ivy League educations and executive success. They support each other through rocky marriages, rival colleagues, kids' recitals and the hunt for the perfect loft. The girls will be dressed by celebrity stylist, you guessed it, Patricia Field, the amazing women behind the SATC's wardrobe. The show is scheduled to air on December 4th.



Gossip Girl is based on the popular book series of the same name, this drama gives viewers a peek into the world of privileged teenagers at an exclusive Manhattan prep school who keep up on local gossip from a secretive blogger who gets the scoop on everything and everyone. Doesn't it feel like Paris & Nicole minus the rehab? The story is written by the same guys behind the O.C.

I think all the girls on these shows will constantly be compared to Sex & The City and specifically Carrie's style. Carrie (and her shoe collection) has a very special place in my heart, and I find it very difficult to find someone who can take her place. But let's give them the benefit of the doubt and see how "big" they're going to make it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ummm... Not sure I'd bother myself to watch those.
Anonymous said…
Well. I Download Series and Movies Since Forever.
I Read Gossip Girl [ Not all books ]
I stopped in the 7th book. Can't wait
The Rest I'll Check 'em Out. Thanks Confashions.
Anonymous said…
Great post! I wasn't terribly impressed by Lipstick Jungle when I saw it but it may improve with more showings. I hope Cashmere Mafia is better!
Anonymous said…
from the mentioned tv shows i can't wait 2 c cashmere mafia.. it looks good
Confashion said…
cece
What's your favorite TV Show?

Chinese eyes
I haven't heard of Gossip Girl books before so I'm interested to watch the show :)

Zahra
Thank you ;) I think Cashmere Mafia will be the winner.. hopefully.

4
I agree :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .