Skip to main content

Soho.. Your new Beauty Destination


Kuwait has long suffered from the dearth of truly great hair salons and day spas, which makes the opening of Soho Salon Spa in Fintas all the more exciting . Soho Salon is an innovative salon and day spa for ladies in Kuwait. British owned and managed using the latest top of the range products and equipments.

Modern and sleek with dark stone floors, Soho Salon is segmented into different areas, which gives you some serenity. I wouldn't want to get my Mani/Pedi while chaos rages all around my ears! The Manicure & Pedicure area is my favourite spot of the salon. It's relaxing, spotless, and with an amazing sea view. The influx of natural light boosted my mood as I gazed outside at the trees. The walls are hand painted with flower-like shapes. Each chair has it's own sterilized mani/pedi kit. This is extremely important especially that most salons here in kuwait would use the same kit from one client to the other WITHOUT sterilization. eew!
In addition to the Mani & Pedi treats, Soho Salon offers Bella Lucce nail treatments designed to improve both the condition and appearance of your hands & feet in just minutes.

Soho Salon also offers new and luxurious hair treatments & products by ALTERNA, the brand is known for creating groundbreaking formulas, such as caviar and white truffles, that makes your hair shiny and full of life.
As well as the launch of exclusive ALTERNA treatments, Soho provides BALMAIN extensions, the best & highest quality hair extensions used by hairstylists for models on the catwalk in Paris.

If you'd like to grow nice & neat looking nails in no time, then try their Akzentz Fab Nail. The nail technician will provide you with this service in a private room (as shown below).


The one thing that I dread when I visit a hair salon is getting my hair washed. The chairs are always uncomfortable and I always get a soar neck. This time, it was completely different, Soho Salon has massaging chairs to sit on while washing your hair. I wouldn't mind napping while getting my hair washed there!

Other Soho services include: haircut, blowdry, hair color, highlights, toner, waxing, and threading.

And don't worry, they have the latest fashion and celebrity magazines in their waiting area. So no need to bring yours. And yes, the couch feel as good as it looks (both of them).



Here's a healthy way to tan minus the wrinkles. At Soho, they have the latest tropical blitz spray tanning system by su-do. You will be bronze in no time (and no hint of orange) after exfoliation, in under 10 minutes you will be ready to leave Soho. And your beautiful, glowing tan will develop over the next few hours!
The beauty room is where they do their massages, and facial & body treatments such as: Oxygen Therapy, Brightening Peel, firming facial, hydrating facial, body glow treatment, body wrap and polish.. etc.


My experience with Soho Salon was such a pleasant one. The place has a low key, relaxed, positive vibe. I'm sorry I had not discovered this place sooner. I'll definitely return to try their other services and maybe a get a facial.

Contact details: (+965) 3902077 / 9240270
Opening hours: Saturday - Thursday 8am to 8pm, Friday 10am - 6pm.
Location: Fintas, Road 209, Lulwa Tower, opposite egaila beach. There is a "Papa Jones" branch as part of the building.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Finally! I place I've been looking for for a long time. Thanks for the post. It would be great if you described exactly where it is located.
Anonymous said…
Whoa. Looks Pretty Awesome =]
Anonymous said…
you can get to soho really easily, take exit 209 off the Fahaheel highway, left at the lights and follow the road onto the coast road,after a few hundred metres, its in the building with Papa Johns Pizza. I get my hair done there its fab!
Confashion said…
cece
You're welcome ;) I have just added the location as part of the post. Thank you for bringing it to my attention :)

Chinese eyes
It's even better in real life.

anonymous
Thanks for helping me our here with the location details :)
Jacqui said…
What about their Services Price List.

And that sounds amazing.. Interesting thing is that it's sooo close by!
Anonymous said…
there is a price list on their blog until they get the website designed.....
www.sohokuwait.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
it looks good..
Anonymous said…
I am back.. in case any one missed me :) Are there any clubs in Kuwait designed for families? I mean... with a gym, pool, etc?
Confashion said…
Jacqui & 4
Pay them a visit, it's a very nice place :)

Yusef
You can try the Corniche Club, or the Palms. I've heard that the Sea Club is quite nice too.
Anonymous said…
Soho is great, and i would advise everyone to go there. They are friendly, the place is spotless, and the prices are reasonable. Its not hard to find...if you see the sign for 'London Hospital' to the left, then you have gone just a little too far. Just slow down a bit as you go around the corner onto coast road, and you'll find it no worries. Definately going back there for more 'work'!!
Anonymous said…
Hi Confashions, I'm new in Q8 and need help! Upon friend's reco, I went to Cutting Edge last week for hair color and trim with Audrey. My hair is so much darker on the bottom than the top of my head. Also, I'm olive complexion and a warm/dark color would have suited me much better than the cool dark dark color I got (I'm not a hair pro so was hoping that the hair dresser would take such details into consideration)... Lastly, she was working/consulting with 2 other customers at the same time so she left the color on my head long after the buzzer went off so my hair is now DRY!!! (and I went in with healthy hair).... so, my question is do you think I should go back to them to get it fixed, or try another place... if so, any recos for a good colorist? BTW, hair cut was so-so okay.
Anonymous said…
Hey, I was wondering if you deal with female hairloss cover up. Like do you do extention that maybe help to cover the thining scalp? Please let me know if you can help me. Thanks. Please email me at alkandari_nouf@hotmail.com
Anonymous said…
It might be ok for nails,but don't get a haircut at Soho. While the short hairstyle is what I asked for, the layers on one side of my head are hacked into horizontal chunks. I didn't notice in the salon - she didn't style my hair because the power outlets weren't working - but when I finally got home I found how why my friends had been looking at me funny. Now I have to survive a week or two before it's long enough to cut properly.
Anonymous said…
Do not get your cut here. The lady has no idea what she's doing and can't follow instructions at all. High prices and low quality. Stay away!
Anonymous said…
They don't seem to be interested in keeping customers.
I had a pedicure and they didn't bother to make an even colour finish, I had a stained like colour... So when I asked what happened, instead of trying to make it better (I was the only customer, and a regular one), or apologising or even blame the polish, they blamed my toe nails... Never happened to me before...
Also they say they open at 10 but I have never been able to get an appointment before 11, they always say they have customers at 10 but when I get there before time it is always empty, so when I asked them after my appointment why they couldn't attend me before 11, they couldn't even look at me, no excuse then...
And this might not bother everyone, but food smells accompany you during your time there...
Not going back.
Anonymous said…
Soho is a complete wreck.
Tacky dirty plastic flowers, a broken tissue box, ragged blue bath mat, and a used bar of soap in the lid of a container. Yuk.
I went for a pedicure and a person I thought was the cleaning lady ( the owner has not sorted her residency in the 6 months she has been there) put a plastic kitchen bowl on the floor in front of me. The spa is closed, but she wanted to charge KD9 for a soak in a plastic bowl I can do more comfortably at home myself.

Never going back
Anonymous said…
I went for 3 colour highlights.
She had no idea what she was doing.
She bleached my hair first, then put one colour - the bleached areas came out lighter.
Four and a half hours later she tried to ask for an extra KD5 for a mask.
And then told me the bill was KD90!
I could have had a complete bridal make over in that time. They do not know what they are doing.

Just 2 employees. No customers.
Needs closing down

Popular posts from this blog

Hackett Now Open in Kuwait

For all you guys who love Polo & Tommy, you’ll be thrilled to know that British Brand Hackett is now open in Kuwait at The Avenues (Phase II). The home of authentic British Menswear and style, Hackett , has a worldwide reputation for producing high quality, unique and distinctive, menswear and kid’s clothing. Hackett’s clothes offer a selection of formal wear including dinner jackets, business clothing such as ties, suits, shirts and trousers, smart casual, rugby shirts, designer polo shirts to accessories including belts, scarves, wallets, and travel bags. And here's an interesting fact, Hackett is the Official Clothing Partner of the Aston Martin Racing . So you will also find Limited edition 'Aston Martin Racing by Hackett' products available in store. These Aston Martin Racing products make ideal gifts for Formula 1 racing fan, or an Aston Martin owner.

Saks In Bahrain

I went to Saks Fifth Avenue store in Bahrain. The two-level store is located in City Centre Mall and has a collection of American and international clothes designers for Men and Women as well as jewelry, accessories, handbags, fragrances, cosmetics, intimate apparel, bridal, and children's apparel. However, I was slightly disappointed by the small selection, maybe because all items were on sale? Or the number and variety of brands were limited? Anyhow, my favourite section at Saks - Bahrain was Saks's world-famous 10022-SHOE salon (shown in the photo below). It had the same look & feel of the NY's shoe salon but of course not the same space. The Shoe Salon had really nice selection and they were all on sale! I have been told by Saks Sales Assistant that they will be hosting numerous special events throughout the year such as fashion shows and personal appearances by designers. Now that's something I'd be interested in! In addition, they currently offer in-st

Event: Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale

The Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale is an event all savvy shoppers and bargain hunters look forward to as it's a chance to get the best deals from the most wanted designer labels. The sale will showcase clothes and accessories from Spring/Summer 2008 collection and some going back to Fall 2007 collection (and even older). Believe me when I tell you there are some real bargains as all items will discounted with a whopping 60% or more. The event will start tomorrow Saturday and will be open to the public 10 AM to 10 PM. And all throughout Ramadan from 10 AM until 2 PM and from 7:30 PM until 12:30 AM. The women’s section will be in a tent just outside the Mövenpick. As for men’s, it will be in the Villa Moda Shuwaikh warehouse just behind the building. Signs are displayed for directions. You better be quick and go and grab all you want in the very first days before the good stuff/sizes are gone.