Skip to main content

Zara gets Waxed

Ladies, forget about J Brand Houlihan's and your boyfriend-cut jeans (temporarily of course as I can't part with mine!). This season, get yourself a pair of waxed denim. The new "it" jeans of the season. And I'm glad I spotted 3 budget-friendly versions at Zara to test the trend first before I throw my money down the drain. Zara had the waxed denim in 3 colors: Bordeaux (like the one featured here which I ended up buying because the denim was in the color of the season and looked great too!), silver-ish black, and dusty-gold. I tried them on and they were perfect! It's like wearing a pair of leather pants minus the discomfort and the sweating (excusez-moi). And they're light weight, which makes them perfect for our weather, and they give your off-duty look some seriously fierce and über-chic attitude. And now I'm debating whether I should buy J Brand's Gigi mid-rise waxed cropped jeans in black or dark brown.  Hmm.. or maybe get Mrs. Beck's denim?. And that's not all! I also spotted this very Alexander Wang-ish white tee with a splash of waxed paint on one side of the shoulder also at Zara. Price tag? KD 8.500.

Hmm.. I think Zara has been dominating my high-street posts! And hey! I'm not complaining! I'm glad to find a way to test fashion trends at very reasonable prices.




Comments

Mademoiselle said…
oh love the top!
I was there just the other day, and found a hot gold tunic. Didn't get it because the fabric made me feel like I was wearing a plastic garbage bag :(
I'll go tomorrow and hunt your top :)
Confashion said…
Mademoiselle
I saw it too! And I actually liked it.. but didn't think it would look flattering on me either!
I hope you managed to get the tee :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .