Skip to main content

Always MUSE-ing

Aaaah... I love it when Al Othman's new season collections start rolling in, and the store gets a face lift with it's creative installation, and most of all, when the door bell rings, and the post man delivers my MUSE! Let's start with the in-store installation, I loved it more than last season's! It had all the right ingredients of an attention grabbing in-store display.  A little bit of fashion, a little bit of art, a little bit of design, and a whole lot of creativity. The concept behind it is to showcase different fashion designer studios and workshops. I personally felt like being at the set of Project Runway. Well done Project Al Othman! Can't wait to see next season's installation. 


Loved these sketches... I wish Al Othman made tissue paper out of them to wrap our purchases with.

And did you get your copy of MUSE? While skimming through the lookbook, I was excited to see some of my favorite designers will be stocked soon at Al Othman this season. such as Preen and Jonathan Saunders.  Also it seems that they will be launching an iPad app sometime soon this month and a Bridal Boutique at Mariam Complex. That should be something exciting to look forward to as well. Now, If you'll excuse me, gotta study my MUSE and take my picks for the new season. 




Comments

Amani said…
lucky you all kuwaiti fashionistas to have these kind of truly fashionable boutiques around >>>> knocking on wood :)
shu84 said…
nice book:)interesting

http://shu84.blogspot.com/
Confashion said…
miya
hahaha thanks! Yes I'm loving the fact that this year we have more variety of brands and multi-brand boutiques than ever! ;)
Zahra Lyla said…
Ooh how can I get my hands on a copy of Muse?
Confashion said…
Zahra Lyla
I think you can find an online version of the lookbook on www.alothman-fashion.com :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .