Skip to main content

The True Spirit of Ramadan

First of all, I would like to wish you all a happy, peaceful, and blessed Ramadan. This post might come as a surprise, but I felt the need to highlight a very important issue today. And that is the true spirit of Ramadan. Sometimes we tend to forget the true meaning of what Ramadan is all about. It's not a food festival, it's not about the latest TV series, and it's definitely not about the latest caftans (Shocking I know! coming from a fashion junkie!). I do admit that the caftans part is fun but it's shouldn't be our major drive. Ramadan is about giving and feeling for people who are less fortunate. People who do not have food on their tables. And that brings me to my main objective of this post. The food crisis in Somalia. If you have enough money to spare on the latest dishes and caftans, please take a moment to donate a small portion of this money to people who really need it. The food crisis in Somalia is the most severe in recent years. It is reaching alarming proportions. So I have gathered links of official organizations which you can donate to.
Thank you for your time. 

Update: one of my readers has also informed me that the recently opened restaurant 10oh8 send 1 meal to Somalia for every follower. That's a great initiative!

Photo credit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .