Skip to main content

Edgy Style with Shop’n’Drop

Shop’n’Drop may not be one of the most heard-about boutiques in Kuwait, and I personally admit, I have only been there once maybe 3 years ago, due to the fact that I keep forgetting about it, and parking logistics! So I was quite pleased when I have been invited by Ms. May Al Essa, owner of Shop’n’Drop boutique, to review a recent collection of jewelry called Made Her Think by Meredith Kahn.

So as soon as I came into the store, I started browsing its racks and shelves. Shop’n’Drop boutique is exactly the sort of multi-brand treasure trove you’d hope to come across when you’re on the lookout of casual chic pieces not worn or seen by 10,000 other shopaholics. Think light pale pink blazer, crepe tops with edgy leather inserts, maxi dresses, bandage skirts, and the comfiest lounge wear, perfect for curling up in front of TV or for casual home gatherings with friends. I was impressed to find that this tiny but well-stocked boutique has an extensive and reliably on-trend array of new and hard-to-find brands such as Twin Evil, Wildfox, Tucker, and Rachel Pally to name a few.  However, I had to focus! I came here to review the jewelry collection not shop! So, May, one of the sweetest people I have ever met during my blogging years, showed me the collection, which is now my favorite section at the store, in addition to other jewelry lines.

The collection of Made Her Think has sleek and simple designs with touches of edgy rock-and-roll details. She also showed me few pieces by another label, just as edgy, called Luv Aj. Something anyone with cool and eccentric style would appreciate and fall in love with. I’ll leave you with the photos to take a closer look.
 
Shop’n’Drop is located in Salhiya, between Opera bakery and Al Jarra flowers.

Ring by Luv Aj
golden vendetta ring by Made Her Think. Notice how the smaller ring can be worn in two different way (as shown in the photos above and below). This is definitely one of my favorite pieces of the collection.

A super cool chain ring by Made Her Think
A set of arrings with two different lengths
This ring is also one of my favorites by Made Her Think

Headpiece by Luv AJ for those who want to rock the hippie chic look
I also spotted accessories by other labels which i really liked and thought of sharing with you too, like the pink and cobalt blue plastic trees pins.

Bracelets to rock that arm party trend
Cute small necklaces



Comments

May said…
prettyyyy!
Anonymous said…
looove them
Anonymous said…
is there any way we can get them in Dubai :( ? love the chain rings!
Anonymous said…
Price range?
Loved most of the pieces!
Anonymous said…
Please tell me if I can order the bracelets with "peace .." and get them delivered to Saudi Arabia?
Anonymous said…
hello
ممكن تعطينا نصيحة لأحسن مواقع الكويتية لتسوق المشغولات الذهبية بأسعار معقولة؟؟؟
Shop n Drop said…
Thank you Confashion for the lovely post and the lovely comments.
As for Dubai, you can email us at info@shop-n-drop.net for more details and we'll be more than happy to assist.
In regards to the price range, each piece varies. You're more than welcome to visit our boutique for a clearer vision of your preference. This is our contact number +965-22490906.
Thank you once again.
Confashion said…
May
Very! Especially the rings!

Anonymous
Same here ;)

Anonymous
Yes you can. Simply e-mail them to have them arrange shipping to you :)
info@shop-n-drop.net

Anonymous
from KD 16 up to around KD 90 I think...

Living Well in Muscat
I'm glad you did ;)

Walkin Closet Boutique
Me too ;)

Anonymous
Yes you can! Simply email them to arrange for payment and shipping: info@shop-n-drop.net :)

Anonymous
Wallah ma 3indi fikra bas ra7 assallich :)

Shop'n'Drop
Thank you for your feedback :)
Anonymous said…
i love them all!! im a big fan of rings even though i always lose my rings :(
Alia said…
May i pleeeeeeeeease know what nailpolish you were wearing in the first few pics of this post? ( the very light pink one)
Thanks :)
Confashion said…
Alia
I'll leave that to the owner to answer, May Al Essa, as it was her hand ;)
Alia said…
I know it wont look as pretty on me , but i hope she would answer back :)
Shop n Drop said…
Thank you Alia so much for your kind words and I truly apologize for the late reply. The nail polish I was wearing is called Fiji by Essie. I can assure you it's going to look as pretty! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hackett Now Open in Kuwait

For all you guys who love Polo & Tommy, you’ll be thrilled to know that British Brand Hackett is now open in Kuwait at The Avenues (Phase II). The home of authentic British Menswear and style, Hackett , has a worldwide reputation for producing high quality, unique and distinctive, menswear and kid’s clothing. Hackett’s clothes offer a selection of formal wear including dinner jackets, business clothing such as ties, suits, shirts and trousers, smart casual, rugby shirts, designer polo shirts to accessories including belts, scarves, wallets, and travel bags. And here's an interesting fact, Hackett is the Official Clothing Partner of the Aston Martin Racing . So you will also find Limited edition 'Aston Martin Racing by Hackett' products available in store. These Aston Martin Racing products make ideal gifts for Formula 1 racing fan, or an Aston Martin owner.

Saks In Bahrain

I went to Saks Fifth Avenue store in Bahrain. The two-level store is located in City Centre Mall and has a collection of American and international clothes designers for Men and Women as well as jewelry, accessories, handbags, fragrances, cosmetics, intimate apparel, bridal, and children's apparel. However, I was slightly disappointed by the small selection, maybe because all items were on sale? Or the number and variety of brands were limited? Anyhow, my favourite section at Saks - Bahrain was Saks's world-famous 10022-SHOE salon (shown in the photo below). It had the same look & feel of the NY's shoe salon but of course not the same space. The Shoe Salon had really nice selection and they were all on sale! I have been told by Saks Sales Assistant that they will be hosting numerous special events throughout the year such as fashion shows and personal appearances by designers. Now that's something I'd be interested in! In addition, they currently offer in-st

Event: Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale

The Villa Moda Movenpick Luxury Sale is an event all savvy shoppers and bargain hunters look forward to as it's a chance to get the best deals from the most wanted designer labels. The sale will showcase clothes and accessories from Spring/Summer 2008 collection and some going back to Fall 2007 collection (and even older). Believe me when I tell you there are some real bargains as all items will discounted with a whopping 60% or more. The event will start tomorrow Saturday and will be open to the public 10 AM to 10 PM. And all throughout Ramadan from 10 AM until 2 PM and from 7:30 PM until 12:30 AM. The women’s section will be in a tent just outside the Mövenpick. As for men’s, it will be in the Villa Moda Shuwaikh warehouse just behind the building. Signs are displayed for directions. You better be quick and go and grab all you want in the very first days before the good stuff/sizes are gone.