Skip to main content

Meadham and the Masses

Meadham Kirchhoff is not one of those mainstream brands that people instantly fall in love with..  I think you need to appreciate the mix and un-match of their fabrics, the color clashing, and the small details in their designs before you instantly judge the brand.  I personally liked their S/S 2011 runway show and was actually looking forward to the brand's collaboration with Topshop. However, when the collection hit Topshop boutique I was surprised by the pieces. Why? Well, for starters, throwing KD 135 on a Meadham Kirchhoff for Topshop tunic top terrified me!! Isn't the whole purpose of having a high street/high end collaberation is to make the designer pieces more affordable and accessible to the masses? I liked the top featured in the first photo (yes I did! the torn details and all, this is probably one of my fashion faux pas moments) but I wouldn't pay THAT much for it.  I'd like to know your thoughts on this?

Comments

Love dubai said…
The max any one must pay in a high st fashion store is 70 kd. Anything above that is redicilous .and the piece should be worth the 70 kd as well. Like the one u shown I would say it should cost around 23 to 29 kd. How would u wear it u got it? I'm interested in knowing
Mademoiselle said…
Me too! I though the price was s tad too high for a topshop tunic, regardless of the collaboration
LadyB_Q8 said…
Exactly my thought !
but i refrained from complaining, thinking no one would get my point :/
Anonymous said…
I don't care what the brand name is, you can buy this tunic (a similar design I mean) from any cheap store like Max and tear holes here and there and make it look the same.
Some designers just think most shoppers are stupid and would go with any trend regardless of the price or quality just as long as the name is there...
Anonymous said…
u could mix the exact same in blockat

they rly think shoppers r stupid...
r.alsharif said…
I think it would look good paired with washed out jeans. But the pricing is waaay too high for it.

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .