Skip to main content

Nuqat Enriches our Community

I have announced Nuqat Foundation's workshops on my Save the Date page a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, due to prior commitments I was unable to enroll in the Calligraphy workshop. And after seeing the photos of the workshop on Nuqat's blog, I feel like beating myself up for not attending! Then again it's not like I had a choice! Sigh! Anyways, I was excited to see that the workshops were/are being held at the recently renovated  historical building "Alqibliya School" in Kuwait City.  I think just being there sets you into the right mood for creativity and focusing on the instructors' main messages. This week is Nuqat's last workshop, they will be running a Street Art: Digital Graffiti workshop starting tomorrow May 16th-18th, from 5pm to 9pm. I think it would be nice for the people behind Nuqat to run a mini poll on their blog or site to get feedback from people who are interested in this field on what kind of workshops to run  in the future.

You can check Nuqat Foundation's blog here for more information and to view photos of the previously conducted workshops. If you're interested to find out more, please contact info@nuqatfoundation.com or call (+965) 9770-6522.

Work in progress
The Nuqat team with instructor Saleh Al Shukairi which hosted a workshop titled Introduction to Arabic Calligraphy.

Comments

may said…
Oh that's me 4th picture!
Nuqat team did a really great job! I loved the experience and I can't wait to join more workshops in the future!
Zahra Lyla said…
I am so proud of my beautiful friend Sara Al Nafisi and Nuqat!! :)
7ala said…
oh the حرية painting is mine, took a while to get there but im happy with the result, loved the workshop it was an amazing experience, both the nuqat team and mr saleh alshukairi did an amazing job.

ps: love your blog, i check it daily:)
Confashion said…
may and Zahra Layla
Yes I love what they are doing and can't wait to see what they have up their sleeve ;)

7ala
I loved your painting! Such a beautiful piece :)

And thank you for loving my blog :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .