Skip to main content

Paying Vivienne a Visit

Guest blogger Stella Walker, whom covered the Starch event for confashions, had  the chance of a fashion's lifetime by visiting British fashion designer Vivienne Westwood's Traveling Exhibition which was held in Beirut, Lebanon a few days ago.

This exhibition celebrated over 40 years the ingenuity and creativity of Vivienne Westwood's shoe designs.  Around 100 shoe were showcased tracing the exceptional success of Dame Westwood’s career to date.  From Beirut, the exhibition will travel to Beijing, Shanghai and Tokyo throughout 2011 and New York and Los Angeles at the beginning of 2012.

"Looking at her magnificent designs I realized how her work really reflects what a humorous woman she is, I feel like I can hang out with her!", expressed Stella.

Thank you so much Stella for the coverage, now let's walk you through Stella's favorite pieces of the exhibition.


Saved the best for last! Check out the infamous 10 inch platform shoes that made super model Naomi Campbell fall at the Vivienne Westwood runway show in 1993.


Comments

Mademoiselle said…
wow. i just want too collect them all, frame them in a glass box a la museums and just admire those piece of art...
Confashion said…
Mademoiselle
I couldn't agree more! Sigh!

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .