Skip to main content

Lust at the Expo

I was probably the last person to go to Hala Ramadan Expo which was held last week at 360 Mall. And because I was not looking for a Kaftan, at least not for now, I swiftly passed by most of the booths there. However, I did take my sweet time admiring the amazing works on display of some booths namely: Silsal Ceramics which offers a beautiful selection of ceramic pots and cups decorated with Arabic calligraphy, Fann which is the brainchild of 4 sisters who create modern handicraft art pieces with a mix of tradition, and Sufi Turkish Fine Art which was dedicated solely to the traditional Turkish arts of calligraphy, home accessories, jewelry, and miniatures. All of the three mentioned booths offer great ideas for house warming or mother's day gifts or simply treating your house to something exceptional and new. 

BUT one item at the exhibition that kept haunting me for the rest of the day, which I'm head over heels in LOVE with is this beautifully designed modern bracelet. It's designed using handcrafted wooden pieces/beads and decorated with sapphires and rose gold skeleton to hold it all together in one piece.  I spotted it at AnaKatarina Eco Gioielli's booth. She's a jewelry designer and was displaying her work along with her friend's work too. This featured bracelet is by her friend Anontia Miletto  whom I FORGOT her name! Sooo annoyed by that! I remember taking the brochure but I misplaced it somewhere!! So I only have these photos to linger to. Price tag? Around KD 3,000. Now you know why I only have these photos.

Below is a photo of a ruby ring designed by AnaKatarina Eco Gioielli, who's influenced by her artistic parents, a world renowned architect and a Guggenheim- awarded painter. She was extremely sweet and introduced us to her collection with passion. One of the things she's specialized in is that she takes old and traditional jewelry from clients and transforms them into something modern and unique, all by using fair trade gemstones, recycled gold, and non-conflict Canadian diamonds.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The ruby ring look very beautiful, I'm looking for one ruby ring, this design is very beautiful!
Confashion said…
C
The design is modern with a classy twist :)
AnaKatarina is talented and can't wait to see what she offers next
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the lovely blog!
The beautiful wooden and orange sapphire bracelet was designed by my lovely friend Anontia Miletto, Venice & NYC.

Best Wishes,

Ana-Katarina
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the lovely blog and comments.

The wooden and orange sapphire bracelet was created by my very talented friend Antonia Miletto.

Best Wishes,

Ana-Katarina
Confashion said…
Ana-Katarina
Thank you so much for your feedback and for your compassion when we visited your booth. It was really great getting to know you and I wish you the best of luck :)

Popular posts from this blog

Marie Claire Kuwait

Did you know that Marie Claire, an international women's magazine, has been launched in Kuwait and their second issue is already in newsstands? Winner of the Best Women's Magazine and Magazine of the Year award for 2005, the magazine reportedly has over 14 million readers worldwide with 26 editions in 13 languages across the world. Marie Clair - Kuwait is in Arabic of course. The magazine offers an editorial mix of journalism with glamour, fashion and beauty coverage, and feature stories of lifestyle and serious women related issues. All by an Arabic editorial team. Have you read it? If yes, what do you think of it?

Win a TopShop Shopping Spree with Confashions from Kuwait!

How would you like to win a TOPSHOP shopping spree with me? Well my fashion-loving readers, save the date, we are going shopping... together! TOPSHOP is offering one seriously lucky ConfashionsfromKuwit.com reader a TOPSHOP shopping spree worth US$500, and I'll be helping the winner with what to buy and simply giving the winner a quick wardrobe overhaul.   To enter the competition, all you have to do is: Like  TOPSHOP Middle East on Facebook here Follow them on Twitter @Topshop_ME   Leave a comment on this post with your name and e-mail address See?! It's as easy as 1,2,3! A winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday September 16th . 

Chanel Bags on Discount?!

If you thought that getting a cheap Chanel bag that's within your budget is something too far fetched, then think again. You'll be surprised to know that Chanel's boutique located at Salhiya Complex is currently selling several bags, that are a maximum 1 or 2 seasons old, on discount . And we're not talking about a 2 or 5% discount here, these bags are 50% off their original price! For some reason I always thought that Chanel bags never go on sale. But I guess the printed ones or the ones that are made out of the collection's main fabric have to go on sale. Anyways, I managed to take photos of these 2 beauties. What I love about those bags is that they're a classic shape that never goes out of style, their print is young and refreshing, plus they're quilted. I think they could be a collector's item. Both bags featured here are sold for approximately KD 250 .